X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL Only 3B Discussion

Folks,

Let's talk mid-tier NL Only 3B.
    Particularly those available in my upcoming auction.
    My previous attempt to discuss NL 1B was a success, and appreciate the collective input from this community.

11 team, 5x5, $260.
    Rankings, with projected auction values (including inflation) as follows:

1. Polanco ($16)
    2. Johnson ($15)
    3. Panda ($14)
    4. Rolen ($14)
    5. Tejada ($13)
    6. Chipper ($12)
    7. Blake ($11)
    8. Lopez ($9)
    9. Mora ($6)

Polanco is a rock. Probably the least risky play of the bunch. I like Johnson's upside, and question his track record. I'm not a Panda fan. I don't care how much weight he's supposedly lost. He's a fatty and always will be. Rolen/Tejada/Chipper are all valued similarly due to age/health, and would take Rolen over the others without hesitation. Blake isn't flashy, but is a pretty safe bet for 15/70. I don't hate him at $11 at all. I like Lopez's upside and feel he's a good candidate to return to his better numbers, but question the surplus of infield depth in Colorado, and how that may affect him if he gets off to a slow start.

Mora blows.

As always, your opinions and insight are appreciated.

Regards,
    Matty

Panda has the best upside of the bunch. Johnson's an OBP drain. Rolen and Chipper will give you 300 good at bats. To expect more is risky. The rest are meh. Saying Polanco is the best of this bunch is like saying he wins first prize in the Least Ugly Pageant.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Hammer,

Fully agree.
      Fortunately, I'm coming into the auction with Chase "6-Tool" Headley already inked to a deal.

Regards,
      Matty

Comment

I do not know where these values are coming from. But I would take a $14 Panda all day!

Polanco is the most overrated fantasy 5x5 player in the last 3 years. Maybe if money is spent elsewhere to get the stats I take him as an $8 or less endgamer.

I would take Casey Blake batting 2nd this year for $11 way before him. However if you can get Panda for $14 we shouldn't be talking about any of the others.

Comment

The rankings were generated from an on-line site where you customize with league parameters as input. I took additional measures by modifying the stats with my own personal projections, and then factored in league inflation when the keeper lists came in.

Perhaps Panda is ranked too low.
          He's coming off of a pretty weak 2010, and is projected (I think) at the bottom of the San Fran lineup to begin the season. Of course, that's subject to change if he breaks out the giant Panda rake again.

I'm not a Polanco fan, and agree that he's overrated. If I'm giving up power numbers I'm almost always going to need stolen bases in return.

Everyone will probably see some artificial upside inflation with Chris Johnson on auction day. Maybe Panda is the play here, and worth chasing into the upper teens.

Thanks again.

Regards,
          Matty

Comment

Working...
          X