• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domingo German Shhhhh………

Perfecto through 7

Through 8

Comment

He did it! 99 pitches, 9 Ks. First perfect game since 2012 and first no-hitter of the year.

Comment

It was against Oakland though does it really count?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          It was against Oakland though does it really count?
          Ford Frick is recommending an asterisk.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
            He did it! 99 pitches, 9 Ks. First perfect game since 2012 and first no-hitter of the year.
            One of those freaky coincidences--I was just thinking last night that it was a little weird that we haven't had a no hitter yet this year not realizing while I was thinking about it that a perfect games was in the making. My last thought before bed was, I want to look up how many years there have been zero no hitters and how common that is--my sense was it is very rare that there is a season without any no hitters.

Now another thing I want to look up is the percentage of HOFers who have thrown a no hitter vs the percentage of non-HOFers. It feels like more often than not, the folks who throw no hitters and perfectos are not the most elite arms. Of course, that makes sense. There are a lot more #2-5 types than aces, so by sheer numbers, they will throw most of the no hitters. But does anyone know how to quickly find out the ratio of no hitters and perfect games in terms of being pitched by HOFers vs non HOFers?

Comment

55 of 319 no-hitters by HOFers. 8 of 24 perfect games. Thanks Wikipedia.

Comment

Originally posted by DJRadar View Post
                55 of 319 no-hitters by HOFers. 8 of 24 perfect games. Thanks Wikipedia.
                Wow, I didn't think Wikipedia would have that fact....gracias.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post

One of those freaky coincidences--I was just thinking last night that it was a little weird that we haven't had a no hitter yet this year not realizing while I was thinking about it that a perfect games was in the making. My last thought before bed was, I want to look up how many years there have been zero no hitters and how common that is--my sense was it is very rare that there is a season without any no hitters.

Now another thing I want to look up is the percentage of HOFers who have thrown a no hitter vs the percentage of non-HOFers. It feels like more often than not, the folks who throw no hitters and perfectos are not the most elite arms. Of course, that makes sense. There are a lot more #2-5 types than aces, so by sheer numbers, they will throw most of the no hitters. But does anyone know how to quickly find out the ratio of no hitters and perfect games in terms of being pitched by HOFers vs non HOFers?
                  Great thought, rhd!

Comment

Working...
                  X