Raburn AL only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raburn AL only

So what do you guys think about Raburn in AL 4x4?

I have him for $5 but to be honest, I'm not that sold on him, maybe .275 - 20 - 65 - 4. I watched a ST broadcast the other day and for what it's worth, the announcers seem to think that Boesch is going to be at least a platoon with Raburn.

My keeper list is somewhat short on power, Cano and Youkilis plus my keepers in the OF are Hunter, Ellsbury, Cruz, and maybe Raburn. I have had a couple owners ask about Raburn, one tested the waters talking about a $1 A. Jackson for him.

Right now, I'm looking at going into the auction with 15 keepers for $170 about $80 for 8 players ($250 cap)

Thoughts?

Jackson at $1 is nice, but as you know, not if you need power.

I like Raburn at $5 or less in a 12 team AL only. He should have no problem at least doubling his value even if he just puts up last years numbers, so that's a cheap source of power. He can also play a number of different positions so even if Boesch makes the team, they also have a question mark at 2nd base. He just missed by 2 games for also qualifying for 2nd in my league and that would have added a lot of value to him. Do you know if he has played second at all this spring?

Comment

Raburn is certainly worth keeping at $5, but if you can get a $1 Austin Jackson for him, I'd jump on something like that.

Comment

The Tigers have been playing Rhymes and Sizemore at 2B since Guillen is still hurt. They probably know that Raburn can play there when and if they need him.

Comment

It it is 12 teams I like him alot at $5. He is going to play multiple positions. He is going to hit hrs. He won't go for less.

Comment

10 teams

Comment

Agree with other posters. Good value at $5.

Comment

i agree that he's a good value at $5, but jackson at $1 is a great value, regardless of pre-draft needs. at a bare minimum, ajax $1 would make for a great bartering chip.
                One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                  Raburn is certainly worth keeping at $5, but if you can get a $1 Austin Jackson for him, I'd jump on something like that.
                  Agreed. Great defense, good BA keeps him in the lineup for anothe 600 ABs. I doubt he regresses in the SB department. 27+ for a buck in 4x4 is gold. No brainer trade if you can make it.

Comment

Working...
                  X