Can Luis Arraez Hit .400?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Luis Arraez Hit .400?

He’s up to .390 in 200 ABs. Can he really make a run at .400? His swing is so effortless, I wouldn’t be shocked if he had the highest full-season BA since George Brett in 1980.

He's up to .392 after going 2-4 on Sunday.

Did a quick check on his splits and Arraez is a lifetime .279 (105-377) hitter vs LHP . So, he may need to improve on that number to make a run at .400. And so far in 2023 he has improved vs LHP by going 21-55 for a .382 BA vs LHP. So, maybe this is the year.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I was speaking with my son, and we both believe .370 is his floor for this year. That’s insane. He’s the Boggs & Gwynn of this generation.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
        He's up to .392 after going 2-4 on Sunday.

Did a quick check on his splits and Arraez is a lifetime .279 (105-377) hitter vs LHP . So, he may need to improve on that number to make a run at .400. And so far in 2023 he has improved vs LHP by going 21-55 for a .382 BA vs LHP. So, maybe this is the year.
        When Arraez gets a rare day off, it is always vs. a LHP, so that should help a bit.

Comment

The odds are long. It is really hard to do, but he seems a lock for a batting title. He is a great contact hitter, for sure.

Comment

Arraez goes 3-4 on Monday and is now batting .399.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              I was speaking with my son, and we both believe .370 is his floor for this year. That's insane. He's the Boggs & Gwynn of this generation.
              To wit:
              Arraez's career BA, in 1800 PAs, is .325, which would be 45th all-time if he qualified (3000 according to B-R.com)

Wade Boggs's career BA is .3279. Gwynn's is higher at .338, so maybe the right comp was Boggs & Carew (whose BA is .3278)

At .325, his career BA is higher than Joe DiMaggio, Kirby Puckett, Vlad Guerrero, Roberto Clemente and Joe Medwick.

Comment

He reminds me most of LH Pete Rose with the buggy whip stroke.

Comment

As I write this (June 6), he's hitting .401. Game still in progress.

Comment

He is 12 for his last 17

Comment

In 2009, Joe Mauer was hitting .419 on June 6. He ended up at .365.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        In 2009, Joe Mauer was hitting .419 on June 6. He ended up at .365.
                        I looked at Mauer's monthly splits for 2009 and found that he missed the month of April. So,he only hit .400 for about 5-6 weeks.

I still think Arraez needs to get his BA up to around the .420-.430 range by the All-Star break so that he can withstand the inevitable slump that happens to every hitter. It's a long season. He's not even half way there yet. Would love to see him do it though.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Reality shows just how difficult this can be: a 1-14 skid has sent Arraez's BA plummeting to 'just' .382.

Comment

Arraez went 5 for 5 on Friday to get back to .390. So, maybe the slump is over.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

4-for-4 tonight to get back up to .398.

check that, 5 for 5, back up to .400.

Comment

Working...
                              X