May Day Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJRadar View Post
    There's no market for MJ or Varsho. I've had them on the block since opening day with no nibbles. Every team already has a C. There's not much interest in Chapman or Wisdom either.
    If this is a daily league, Varsho/Melendez qualify as OF and should let you have a starter at C most days by moving them to C, as opposed to taking 2 zeros per week when someone like Diaz sits. You should include that as part of your sales pitch.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

It's a weekly lineup.

Comment

The last place team has entered the Matt Chapman talks. He offered Gonsolin $10. I countered with Holmes $12, Fletcher $10, and Holliday $5 for Varsho and Wisdom. He came back with Holmes for Westburg, which I rejected.

What would be a good offer for Holliday?

Comment

Dunno but Holliday is the guy you should be targeting imo.

Comment

Why would the last place team trade Holliday?

I'd have to be blown away by an offer of multiple keepers.

Comment

The last place team has entered the Matt Chapman talks. He offered Gonsolin $10. I countered with Holmes $12, Fletcher $10, and Holliday $5 for Varsho and Wisdom. He came back with Holmes for Westburg, which I rejected.

What would be a good offer for Holliday?
              Clay Holmes? The guy who's likely lost his job to Michael King? Why did you even include him in the offer?

And agreed with The Heat, why would the last place team trade a top 5 prospect away for Daulton Varsho?

I think you need to sit back and focus on exactly what it is you want to do -- either go for it or dump. But these offers -- both the ones you're making and the ones you're receiving -- are all over the place, and that's likely because your leaguemates probably have no idea what you want to do (or they think that you don't know what you want to do), or that they believe they can goad you into accepting (or making) really, really bad deals. Like, how did offering out Matt Chapman evolve into you being asked to trade away a top prospect like Westburg for a guy who just lost his closer's job? It's likely because you surprisingly asked for him in the first place, and this guy was all too willing to move him to you, and you lost the big picture -- moving Chapman (and we still have no idea what you'd want for him, since the offers have been so erratic) -- as a result.

Comment

I have a team interested in Berrios. What should I include to get Buehler $5 and Royce Lewis $1?

Comment

I have a team interested in Berrios. What should I include to get Buehler $5 and Royce Lewis $1?
                  productive MLB players that are expensive and you don't want to keep. Buehler and Lewis at those prices are great keepers....pay what you need to
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

He offered Dodd $5 and one of his minors - Ford, Berry, Soderstrom, Cole Young (all $1). That's a no right?

Comment

Up to 10th and 91 points.

With GRod in the minors, been offered Sale $21. Would Sheehan $10 and Sale be a good return?

Comment

Again, I just have no idea what's going on here. Your last two posts are one, to sell a player for a future asset; and then to trade a future asset for a win-now player.

I give up, I'm bowing out. Good luck.

Comment

**DO NOT TRADE AWAY YOUR FUTURE ASSETS/keepers.
                          Acquire keepers. Look to trade with the top 5-6 teams in the standings.

You should expect to trade away 1 to 3 current productive players for each keeper you get...depending on the player(s).
                          Refer to ** the first sentence in trading.

Comment

Originally posted by the heat View Post
                            **DO NOT TRADE AWAY YOUR FUTURE ASSETS/keepers.
                            Acquire keepers. Look to trade with the top 5-6 teams in the standings.

You should expect to trade away 1 to 3 current productive players for each keeper you get...depending on the player(s).
                            Refer to ** the first sentence in trading.
                            But why would they trade guys they're counting on for a championship?

Comment

But why would they trade guys they're counting on for a championship?
                              You conceivably are giving them a better player or 2 than they are starting. That's why.
                              Can one of the teams in contention use Springer, Bautista, Chapman, Vaughn, Fried (when healthy)?

Why would a team that's not in contention trade away a keeper?

Comment

I've had them on the block for a month. The response I get is either silence, or they send me a low-ball offer, or they say they're waiting to decide what they need. It's frustrating when they're difference makers that could determine if flags fly forever.

Mervis $10 and Buxton $21 for GRod?

Comment

Working...
                                X