May Day Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJRadar View Post
    There's no market for MJ or Varsho. I've had them on the block since opening day with no nibbles. Every team already has a C. There's not much interest in Chapman or Wisdom either.

With Fried hurt, what kind of return should I expect?

Will Westburg still qualify as a minor next year? I moved Baty with the thought he'd be up by now, especially with Gunnar struggling
    That's exactly why you don't buy more than one top catcher in the auction.

Comment

There's no market for MJ or Varsho. I've had them on the block since opening day with no nibbles. Every team already has a C. There's not much interest in Chapman or Wisdom either.

With Fried hurt, what kind of return should I expect?

Will Westburg still qualify as a minor next year? I moved Baty with the thought he'd be up by now, especially with Gunnar struggling
      Wait till Fried is healthy.
      I don't know regarding Westburg.

Comment

How can there be no interest in MJ or Varsho in a 16 team league?

You have 3 starting catchers, how can 15 other teams all be solid at catcher? Both contending and rebuilding teams should be interested in those guys.

I guess their contracts are a bit high but still there has to be a market.

Comment

The rostered C:
          Ruiz $1
          Perez $18, Cartaya $1
          Heim $5, Jansen $2, Davis $2
          Grandal $10, Naylor $1, Parada $1
          Stephenson $8, Diaz $10
          D'Arnaud $5, Gomes $10, Garver $1
          Wilson Contreras $1
          William Contreras $9, Langeliers $5
          Smith $25
          Kirk $7
          Sabol $10, Wong $10
          Murphy $11, O'Hoppe $5
          Realmuto $21
          Moreno $1, Alvarez $1, Rodriguez $1
          Raleigh $8, Ford $1

Been offered Cobb $12 for Matt Chapman. Is that a no?

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
            How can there be no interest in MJ or Varsho in a 16 team league?

You have 3 starting catchers, how can 15 other teams all be solid at catcher? Both contending and rebuilding teams should be interested in those guys.

I guess their contracts are a bit high but still there has to be a market.
            Catchers as a whole have done very well this year, and there have been many catchers found on waivers who have done as well or better than Melendez. Varsho has 6 SBs, so he should attract interest, but if the OP doesn't really know how to craft offers and is just sitting back waiting for the vultures to swoop in, then he's not going to be able to move them.

Comment

The rostered C:
              Ruiz $1
              Perez $18, Cartaya $1
              Heim $5, Jansen $2, Davis $2
              Grandal $10, Naylor $1, Parada $1
              Stephenson $8, Diaz $10
              D'Arnaud $5, Gomes $10, Garver $1
              Wilson Contreras $1
              William Contreras $9, Langeliers $5
              Smith $25
              Kirk $7
              Sabol $10, Wong $10
              Murphy $11, O'Hoppe $5
              Realmuto $21
              Moreno $1, Alvarez $1, Rodriguez $1
              Raleigh $8, Ford $1

Been offered Cobb $12 for Matt Chapman. Is that a no?
              What are you going to do with Alex Cobb? Chapman has been one of the best hitters in baseball this season, if you're going to move him, get something of value for either this year or next year (or better yet, both), and not a journeyman SP with a very low ceiling.

The two teams in bold should need a catcher better than what they have.

Comment

The Sabol owner (9th) I've tried engaging in trade talks but he's confident Sabol is better than both Varsho and MJ.

The Ruiz owner (8th) is constantly trying to lowball me in the past.

Would Wisdom be a good counter? He's posted he needs a 3B.

Comment

The Sabol owner (9th) I've tried engaging in trade talks but he's confident Sabol is better than both Varsho and MJ.

The Ruiz owner (8th) is constantly trying to lowball me in the past.

Would Wisdom be a good counter? He's posted he needs a 3B.
                  A counter for what? Alex Cobb? It likely is, but again, why do you want Cobb? He's 36 years old and has a FIP that's 1.2 pts higher than his ERA, so he will regress back to his normal self.

Comment

he's confident Sabol is better than both Varsho and MJ.
                    Huhwhat? Better at... what? Certainly not baseball.

In a 5x5 that's not close to true. Here.. it's worse.

You have BB-K as a category... We're talking about a rule 5 pick with a 40% strikeout rate who doesn't walk. He's terrible in this league.

Comment

Would Kjerstad and Luciano be a good offer for Varsho to the Sabol owner?

The Cease owner wants Matt Chapman and Bautista. Is that a no?

Comment

Would Kjerstad and Luciano be a good offer for Varsho to the Sabol owner?

The Cease owner wants Matt Chapman and Bautista. Is that a no?
                        Cease at $29 is questionable as a keeper so no. I would not trade for Cease at all. You want a definite keeper or one that's better than who you are trading away.

Varsho for 2 Kjerstad & Luciano? If I'm the other owner I decline but it depends on his other minor leaguers.

Comment

The Kjerstad owner is stuck on wanting a 3B instead of upgrading at C so right now that's a no go.

Would Alcantara be better than Cease?

Comment

Using FanGraphs auction calculator Alcantara & Cease have earned about $0 year to date using your parameters. 79th & 89th ranked starters.
                            Last year approximates - Alcantara $35, & Cease $27.

Are either Alcantara or Cease a definite keeper for 2024? Their prices increase $3 correct? So Alcantara in 2024 would be $29 & Cease $32. I'd look for something better.

Comment

• Ken
                              Ken commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Alcantara has had some bad luck, but he's still basically the same pitcher as last year when he won a CY Young. Are you seeing something fundamentally wrong?

Another team is involved in Chapman. They've offered Gonsolin $10. Is that a no?

Comment

I've heard the same, Ken. Fundamentally, not really. BABIP, Avg against, LOB all worse which are contributing to his numbers (some or all are luck related). I'd rather have him than Cease for sure.

I can see his results normalizing and if so, he'd go for more in auction than $29. How many years do you keep him though with an increasing salary, 3rd year $29, 4th $35? 1, maybe 2 or trade him for a better keeper this year. However it turns out though, I'd prefer a longer term keeper (wouldn't we all), whether that be a different trade or trading for Alcantara, waiting for his results to improve, then flipping him.

Comment

Working...
                              X