May Day Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May Day Trade

16-team, 6x6 (AVG, HR, R, RBI, SB-CS, BB-K and W, SV+HD, IP, K, ERA, WHIP)
    $260 auction budget
    $400 in-season cap
    keep 6 major / 5 minor
    +$3 first 3 years, +$6 after that
    Currently: 12th, 81.5 points (45 H/36.5 P), 77.5 points back

C - Rutschman $13/1st year
    1B - Driry $13
    2B - Castro $10
    3B - Wisdom $1
    SS - Tatis $23/4th year
    CI - Vhapman $18
    MI - Witt $5/1st year
    OF - Springer $37
    OF - Vaughn $26
    OF - Keirmaier $10
    OF - Dubon $10
    DH - McKinstry $10
    P - Felix Bautista $15
    P - Robertson $4
    P - Wainwright $1
    P - Manoah $9 2nd year
    P - DeSclaini $10
    P - Berrios $15
    P - Greene $8/1st year
    P - Allen $10
    P - GRodriguez $1
    BN - Myers $10
    BN - Pratto $10
    BN - Baez $12
    BN - Varsho $16/1st year
    BN - Taj Bradley $5
    BN - Melendez $20
    DL - Yastrzemski $5
    DL - Fried $31
    DL - Springs $13/1st year
    MN - Luisangel Acuna $1
    MN - Westburg $1
    MN - Frelick $5
    MN - Chouruo $4
    MN - ​DL Hall $10

Been offered 2 trades:
    - Chapman for Kjersad $1
    - Witt, Tatis, GRod for Goldschmidt $35/2nd, Cease $29, Alcantara $26/2nd

Also, Aroldis Chapman $10 is on waivers. I have the top claim.​ Is he worth it? Who would you drop?

What moves should I be looking to make?

In the first trade (Chapman for Kjerstad) I can’t figure out which player you have - or which Chapman. Is that Matt Chapman for Kjerstad? I don’t hate it but don’t love it.

In the second trade, my answer is hell no! I seem to recall you get a lot of these lowball offers. This one is pretty bad. I would consider asking the other owner to “help me see what’s in this trade for me… Good players involved, but I seem to be giving up the top talent without getting a clear upgrade in categories, positions, stats, etc.”. I doubt there is a rationale. It just doesn’t make your team better. You would replace Witt and Tatis with whom?? Again, pass pass pass.

As for moves you could make… I would look to move Varsho and Melendez (you have Rutschman). Maybe Varsho will get you something. Melendez at $20 might not. Would also consider moving Bautista and Robertson; closers seem to be worth a lot less in your format.

Your primary need seems to be top SP. You could gamble on guys like Alcantara and Cease, who were outstanding last year and haven’t replicated, but they still won’t come cheap. Would rather target someone like Bibee.

Comment

I really hope you will listen to this from Sharky:

In the second trade, my answer is hell no! I seem to recall you get a lot of these lowball offers. This one is pretty bad. I would consider asking the other owner to “help me see what’s in this trade for me… Good players involved, but I seem to be giving up the top talent without getting a clear upgrade in categories, positions, stats, etc.”. I doubt there is a rationale. It just doesn’t make your team better. You would replace Witt and Tatis with whom?? Again, pass pass pass.

I really really want to know what his response is.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        I really hope you will listen to this from Sharky:

I really really want to know what his response is.
        He'll be trotting out NL MVP, NL Cy Young, K leader in 2022

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post

He'll be trotting out NL MVP, NL Cy Young, K leader in 2022
          Sure. In 2022. And at very high salaries.

And that still doesn’t answer the question… how does it help? “Should boost you in HR” etc. And worse: it creates real holes in his lineup. Yuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post

Sure. In 2022. And at very high salaries.

And that still doesn’t answer the question… how does it help? “Should boost you in HR” etc. And worse: it creates real holes in his lineup. Yuck.
            Totally agree, just guessing how the other guy promotes the trade.

Comment

No response from the first offer.

I asked the Bibee owner (the multi-champ). He won't make any trades before August.

Another owner us rebuilding. He offered Adames $23, Buxton $27, McLain $10, and Bryan Abreu $2 for Witt. That's an obvious no right?

Comment

I'm so confused (again).

Are you going for it or dumping? Offer 1 is a dump deal, Offer 2 is a deal where you're going for it. Which is it?

Comment

I'm sitting in 12th. The defending champ says he was this far back last year and won. I don't see it, especially with this pitching staff.

Comment

Did you ask the guy who offered you the crappy trade, why it would be good for you? Did you say to them what were you thinking when you offered me this?

You seem to get a lot of bad offers. There is a reason for this. Maybe look at the bigger picture and you might not only enjoy the game more but be more competitive as well.

Comment

What is the bigger picture?

Comment

Originally posted by DJRadar View Post
                        What is the bigger picture?
                        You have to answer that one - what's your goal short term and long, and how are you going to get there, what's your plan?

There are various methods to win, you can try loading up short term by selling assets. Probably too late for that for this year.

Or you can rebuild over time.

Either way you have to put together a plan for how to reach whatever you goal is in the short term and long.

Comment

Short term I want to win, but it's not happening this year. Long term I want a dynasty.

Comment

Short term (this year) is out the window so lets work on Dynasty and/or next year.

Dynasty - DO NOT TRADE Tatis, Rutschman, Witt, Chourio period.
                            You may get differing opinions on the Dynasty value of Greene but I'd keep him & Grayson Rodriguez.

That leaves 1 more major league keeper for next year & 4 minors. If you don't trade for a better one, Westburg would also be a minors keeper. You could conceivably package Greene or GRodriguez for a better keeper.

Trade players of value for a better keeper/minor. Matt Chapman while he's hot. Wisdom same. Once Manoah reels off a couple decent starts in a row, deal him. Springer & Fried would be valuable to teams in contention. Same with Bautista. See if there's a market for Varsho or Melendez.

DO NOT Draft more than 1 catcher eligible player in a 1 catcher league. You have Rutschman, do not bid on another catcher...period.
                            In a SV+HD league I'd draft setup guys (holds)...do not pay for saves.

That's my $.02

Comment

There's no market for MJ or Varsho. I've had them on the block since opening day with no nibbles. Every team already has a C. There's not much interest in Chapman or Wisdom either.

With Fried hurt, what kind of return should I expect?

Will Westburg still qualify as a minor next year? I moved Baty with the thought he'd be up by now, especially with Gunnar struggling

Comment

Working...
                              X