Last Farm Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Farm Pick

This is a dynasty league. 5x5 but we use OBP instead of BA. We do a 3 round farm picks and all farm players are $1. This being done by email so I probably won't pick until late this afternoon and there are 3 teams ahead of me that will pick. Here are the players available that I'm looking at:

Gavin Williams
    Everson Pereira
    Crow-Armstrong
    Cam Collier
    Colson Montgomery
    Edourd Julien
    James Outman
    Mason Auer

How would you rank them?

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
    This is a dynasty league. 5x5 but we use OBP instead of BA. We do a 3 round farm picks and all farm players are $1. This being done by email so I probably won't pick until late this afternoon and there are 3 teams ahead of me that will pick. Here are the players available that I'm looking at:

Gavin Williams
    Everson Pereira
    Crow-Armstrong
    Cam Collier
    Colson Montgomery
    Edourd Julien
    James Outman
    Mason Auer

How would you rank them?
    Outman if you want Immediate help. Crow Armstrong if you're OK waiting a year or so. Collier for the highest upside. Julien is right there with PCW, but he's not the defender Armstrong is.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post

Outman if you want Immediate help. Crow Armstrong if you're OK waiting a year or so. Collier for the highest upside. Julien is right there with PCW, but he's not the defender Armstrong is.
      Outman is interesting. Has strong BB% so that will play out in an OBP league. His HR spiked last year. Agree with all the rest, at least that is what I have read. Also like Auer 48 SB but uncertain how he wiil fare at AA ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post

I agree with Hornsby's assessment, except that I think PCA has just as high an upside as Collier, and him being much closer to the majors, he is the clear pick over Collier (who I also like). Julien is a good hitter who gets a big bump in an OBP league, but he does carry risk, because he doesn't really have a position. His bat can carry him, and it will have to. To me, it comes down to Outman for the now or PCA if you are willing to wait. Auer does have great speed that would be very valuable if he pans out, but he is a much lower end prospect that seems to be a long shot to become a major league regular.

Comment

Well fate kinda of smile on me. Outman was available via waver wire so I took him and waived Mondesi who is forever out. I selected Collier based on Keith Law write-up. It was a tough decision because PCA was close. This my 1st time playing in a dynasty league and the team I took over had Marte, Dominguez, Kjerstad, Downs, Pussan and Jyrdn Adams. I selected in the draft Chourio, Holliday, Mervis, Carter and of course Collier. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Working...
          X