No announcement yet.

Cheap saves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Duran is the fireman (taking the middle of the order/gettiing out of late jams), & Lopez sucks then Jax would be next man up.

Comment

I watched the end of the Texas-Seattle game and saw that Will Smith was on for the save. I thought "What happened to LeClerc?". I havent heard anything about LeClerc being hurt or unavailable and RW doesnt list anything. Anyway, Smith goes on to get a 1-2-3 save and looked good doing it. I looked to see who has Smith in one of my leagues, and found that I have him! Reserved of course. So I immediately activated him.

Re: Smith, Closer Monkey doesnt even have him as either the 2nd or 3rd option behind LeClerc. That should change when they update their chart Monday morning. FG Roster Resource has Smith has the 2nd option behind LeClerc. He had 34 saves for SF in 2019 and 37 for ATL in 2021 but was rather mediocre last year, w only a -0.1 fWAR. His FB last year was an unspecial 93.6 mph. And he'll be 34 y/o in July. Seems like a curious choice for closer when you have 2 younger and higher velocity late inning options like LeClerc and Hernandez. Even Brock Burke throws harder. But Smith sure looked good yesterday.

Comment

Were there LH bats due up in the 9th?

Comment

With Bard on the shelf for who knows how long, Pierce Johnson is an easy add. Would it surprise anyone if he remained the closer for the lion's share of the season?

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
            Were there LH bats due up in the 9th?
            It was R-L-R, and the final righty (Pache, who Bochy knew would be PH for), so it was indeed two lefties.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              With Bard on the shelf for who knows how long, Pierce Johnson is an easy add. Would it surprise anyone if he remained the closer for the lion's share of the season?
              Sounds painful. But, I hear that he's popular with the ladies.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Middle reliever Jose Alvarado has struck out the last 10 batters that he has faced and 11 of 13 batters faced this year. The other two batters singled and hit into a fielder's choice.

He hasn't given up a run since August 23 of last season. Since then his numbers are 17.2 ip, 0 er, 4 h, 3 bb, 34 k.

He's clearly the best arm in the Philly bullpen right now. Whether that leads to saves or not depends on manager Rob Thomson.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  Middle reliever Jose Alvarado has struck out the last 10 batters that he has faced and 11 of 13 batters faced this year. The other two batters singled and hit into a fielder's choice.

He hasn't given up a run since August 23 of last season. Since then his numbers are 17.2 ip, 0 er, 4 h, 3 bb, 34 k.

He's clearly the best arm in the Philly bullpen right now. Whether that leads to saves or not depends on manager Rob Thomson.
                  Nice jink.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                  X