How Many Leagues Are You In?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

Probably a lot less work for your wife to only have to help you in one league instead of four
    Not sure she could be any worse. Although she is famous for going to a Yankee game with her friend and loudly asking “who is that Tex-e-aira guy?”

Comment

Three leagues. One NL, one AL (both deep auction leagues), and one snake draft, no trading mixed league just for kicks.

I’ve done quite well in the only leagues, which are now about 20 years old. Oddly I do poorly in the mixed draft and hold. I just don’t know how to adjust to that format.

Comment

I believe I'm in 6

The RJ NFBC freebie league
        RJEL 18 team 5x5
        the 2 RJ Dynasty leagues
        JBL with Zola
        16 team redraft with Revo.

I stay extremely active in all, always trying to achieve the goal I set in ST on occasion, I'll change it up midseason, but that only if circumstance dictates it. Where i am in the standings has little to do with my interest level, I'm always very active regardless.

ONE week guys!
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          I believe I'm in 6

The RJ NFBC freebie league
          RJEL 18 team 5x5
          the 2 RJ Dynasty leagues
          JBL with Zola
          16 team redraft with Revo.

I stay extremely active in all, always trying to achieve the goal I set in ST on occasion, I'll change it up midseason, but that only if circumstance dictates it. Where i am in the standings has little to do with my interest level, I'm always very active regardless.

ONE week guys!
          only 3 days until RJEL draft, don't steal all my guys
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          ---------------------------------------------
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

only 3 days until RJEL draft, don't steal all my guys
            AllYourPlayers
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I am in 2 leagues. One NL only 5x5 12 team keeper, auction, $260 budget, daily moves. The other is the same but AL only. 9 of 12 owners are in both leagues.

Last year I was in the above plus two more (one NL only and one AL only). I dropped out of those this year. Auction was blast, The owners were fine at auction. The rules were strange and rebuild friendly. It just wasn't for me. So I wished them the best.

I am not ready for our Auctions this Friday and Saturday. I am thinking I will need a vacation day or two for final prep work that will fall apart about the 3rd name thrown out. What a great game we have!

Comment

you guys are making me feel like a total degen!

Comment

1 - main 16-tm redraft
                  2 - RJEL
                  3 - 15tm keeper
                  4 - SeaDogStat Memorial
                  5 - 20% partner in Pauly's NFBC league
                  6 - a bunch of Underdog Best Ball leagues

Comment

Three this year, because of the added NFBC SDS/RJ league. For many years it's been just two.

My main one was started by a bunch of grad students when we were at Caltech in 1993. I have been co-commish since the beginning. It has fluctuated from 10 to 20 owners; right now at 12 and stable. I think about half of us are from the original 1993 group. We change teams every year, with both AL and NL allowed, to try to get teams that folks like (we vote every year), but the number of teams is set so that it plays like an only. Because we are all math nerds at some level or other, we have some funky stats categories, that we've tweaked over the years - OBA, EBA, SB-CS, RBI, R, and W, K, ERA, WHIP (but with Hit Batsmen added in), and S-BS+Ho/2. Small money league, but bragging rights are everything. Auctions have been virtual since we all left Caltech in 1995. The hell that was virtual auctions before real online auction rooms appeared cannot be stressed enough. We did ytalk + phone conferencing one year, yahoo private rooms for several years, chatzee for a couple of years (after yahoo stopped the ability to make private chat rooms), fantasyauctioneer a couple of years, then have been on CBS since it appeared. In the years where it was only chat rooms (or equivalent), I had my own home-baked software to track rosters, money, etc., and had to enter everything manually. What a PITA! Auctions were regularly 12-14 hours. Ugh. The CBS auction room has its warts, but it's infinitely better than those days.

And I've been in RJEL since 2007, with a hiatus for a few years after I couldn't make the 2010 auction date and no replacement could be found.

I was in the RJ JWRL league from 2008 until it disbanded in 2013 (mostly because ElD was running it and he couldn't any more). During that period, I found it hard to be on top of three teams (in the years I was in both RJEL and JWRL) and be active in FAB and trading. Two real leagues (the NFBC is less maintenance since it's draft-and-hold) are as much as I think I'm interested in and can handle given time constraints. Hell, I can barely do two, as those who try to trade with me in RJEL can attest! ...

I've been in various other one-off ones - I was in the RJ IHWL for the one year it was around (2016); I was in the (mostly RJ) Roto500 one in 2011 (that didn't last long!); etc. But two for now, and I have no plans to expand, except for one-offs like the NFBC SDS/RJ thing.

"Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Working...
                    X