Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did I do? 12 team mixed 5x5 keeper, no contracts. Yahoo eligibility.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did I do? 12 team mixed 5x5 keeper, no contracts. Yahoo eligibility.

This league has been going over 20 years, always with an email draft. This year for various reasons we ran out of time so the commish decided we would - for the first time - draft live. Christ on a bike I'd actually forgotten that feeling (and sound!) of the ticking clock. And the laptop deciding to crash mid-draft. And all this between midnight and 1:30am because I'm in Ireland. But it was fun.

Here's the result. Anyone in bold was a keeper going in.

C Alejandro Kirk
    C Keibert Ruiz
    1B Matt Olson
    3B Jose Ramirez
    CI Alec Bohm
    2B Marcus Semien
    SS Xander Bogaerts
    MI Tommy Edman
    OF Adolis Garcia
    OF Lourdes Gurriel Jr
    OF Alex Kirilloff
    OF Joey Gallo
    OF Bryan De La Cruz
    DH KeBryan Hayes
    DH Cal Raleigh

SP Gerrit Cole
    SP Triston McKenzie
    SP Hunter Greene
    RP David Bednar
    RP Jason Adam
    P Sonny Gray
    P Kenta Maeda
    P Michael Kopech
    P Andrew Chafin

BENCH Brandon Hughes
    BENCH Bryan Abreu
    BENCH TJ Friedl
    BENCH Ha Seong Kim
    BENCH Mitch Garver
    BENCH Jose Altuve

OF was an absolute wasteland very early. I'd usually go for solid and boring in my outfield but there was zero value last night hence rolling the dice on some guys and hoping there's a click. And hoping that Joey Gallo is a match made in heaven for the new shift rules.

I love catchers and hate scrabbling on the wire for 'em. Four is overkill, but that's what happens when your 2011 MacBook Air decides to kaput during the draft and award you Mitch Garver over Harrison Bader. Heck, I'll still take Garver - it weakens the pool for the rest.

With daily transactions I am a big fan of non-closers and the Franken-Ace. Abreu, Chafin, and Hughes are my starting three and we'll see who else pops up during the season for me to snap up.

Yeah, my first thought was "that OF is really weak for a 12tm league." Is this BA or OBP? Gallo + Raleigh in a BA league could make me punt the category pretty quickly. Garcia doesn't help matters in an OBP league, either.

With just 12 teams, you should be able to find some decent players on the WW, though.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Yeah, my first thought was "that OF is really weak for a 12tm league." Is this BA or OBP? Gallo + Raleigh in a BA league could make me punt the category pretty quickly. Garcia doesn't help matters in an OBP league, either.

With just 12 teams, you should be able to find some decent players on the WW, though.
      It's AVG, and yes you're completely right.

There'll be a bit of FA work but also trades - I'm happy to work my C and MI depth into another OF.

Comment

Amcg, welcome back! When I saw the post my first thought was “the Ireland guy? Cool!”

As for your team… like it overall but to have four crappy OFs will really hurt. I hope this is a trading league. I understand the catcher gambit but don’t think it really is prudent in a 12-team mixed league. If you can trade, would look to shore up the OF right away. Aside from that you have a viable contender. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
          Amcg, welcome back! When I saw the post my first thought was “the Ireland guy? Cool!”

As for your team… like it overall but to have four crappy OFs will really hurt. I hope this is a trading league. I understand the catcher gambit but don’t think it really is prudent in a 12-team mixed league. If you can trade, would look to shore up the OF right away. Aside from that you have a viable contender. Good luck!
          Yep, the Ireland guy :-)

My OF is probably the weakest I've had coming out of a draft *ever*. It's definitely a trading league, however, which is why I felt ok switching tack at the time. A good mix of folks who'll gamble on this season and folks who are forever building their "some day" championship contender!

Some new owners this year too, so I'd say they'll be keen to get involved early.

Comment

Working...
          X