Trading for closers in season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading for closers in season.

I often see resistance in here about paying for closers at auction or even keeping higher priced ones going into auction. The thought is picking them up at FAAB which can workish (deeper leagues those are often times rostered) or trading for them.

In the leagues I am in they are never cheap. And many times very expensive. So how easy it really to trade for a bonified closer in season in your leagues?
    Last edited by Gregg; 03-19-2023, 10:17 AM.

Never easy but always doable. Because owners devalue closers on the whole, there are usually several available.

Comment

Closers always cost a pretty penny in my 16tm redraft. They're like gold when you find one, but it's always difficult to get the price you want.

Comment

You also have to contend with the possibility of a RL MLB trade of that closer into a set up role at the deadline.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          I often see resistance in hear about paying for closers at auction or even keeping higher priced ones going into auction. The thought is picking them up at FAAB which can workish (deeper leagues those are often times rostered) or trading for them.

In the leagues I am in they are never cheap. And many times very expensive. So how easy it really to trade for a bonified closer in season in your leagues?
          Totally agree. They are treated like gods in my 10 team AL 4x4 roto. High end closers will exceed $30 at draft, if any are available at all. A lot of the advice I see here runs counter to this. Trading for them rarely happens in our league, unless a team has a sizable lead in saves and surplus closers.
          One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Originally posted by cool hand View Post

Totally agree. They are treated like gods in my 10 team AL 4x4 roto. High end closers will exceed $30 at draft, if any are available at all. A lot of the advice I see here runs counter to this. Trading for them rarely happens in our league, unless a team has a sizable lead in saves and surplus closers.
            interesting, and emphasizes the point that each league is unique and you need to know your league tendencies. What about teams that are dumping ? They would have no need for closers....do they still get an exorbitant fee ?
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by cool hand View Post

Closers and speed are much more valuable in 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                Closers and speed are much more valuable in 4x4
                I missed that part. 4X4 would make closers more valuable for sure
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  I often see resistance in here about paying for closers at auction or even keeping higher priced ones going into auction. The thought is picking them up at FAAB which can workish (deeper leagues those are often times rostered) or trading for them.

What's a bonified closer?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I hope Diaz or Iglesias or Melancon or Hudson or Hendriks weren't Bonified

Comment

I hope Diaz or Iglesias or Melancon or Hudson or Hendriks weren't Bonified
                        i kinda hope no one gets Bonified
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

i kinda hope no one gets Bonified
                          Based on context it appears that it involves a high likelihood of getting injured

Or appearing in a movie with George Clooney.

I'm not sure which is worse.

Comment

Simple. It's one that isn't a bonifacio closer.

Comment

Working...
                            X