Ha-seong Kim, 3B/SS, $7, B​
    MJ Melendez, C/OF, $5, A
    Seth Brown 1B/OF, $3, B
    Tyler Stephenson, C, $1, 2023

Ryan Helsley, P, $11, B
    Joe Ryan, P, $8, 2023
    Jon Gray, P, $1, 2023
    Dylan Floro, P, $1, 2023

For those with 2023 contracts, it's their option year and I'm just planning to keep them for this year, no extension.

I'm also considering:

Alex Kirilloff, 1B/OF, $5, B
    Brett Baty, 3B, $4, A
    Clarke Schmidt, P, $2, A

So, anything you would change, either in extensions, or swapping in one of the considerations?

TIA...
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Im pretty convinced Floro doesnt keep the job outright, or he is in a committee at best. I get it, it's 18 teams and if you throw him back he will go for what? 10? Since you have Helsley, as well, I would try hard to trade Floro before the freeze. If not, I would seriously consider Schmidt over Floro.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      Im pretty convinced Floro doesnt keep the job outright, or he is in a committee at best. I get it, it's 18 teams and if you throw him back he will go for what? 10? Since you have Helsley, as well, I would try hard to trade Floro before the freeze. If not, I would seriously consider Schmidt over Floro.
      I agree with this; I'd probably keep any of the backups over Floro.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Floro is pretty tempting tho at $1.

How sold are you on Kim and Brown?

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
          Floro is pretty tempting tho at $1.

How sold are you on Kim and Brown?
          Yeah, if Floro was much more than $1, I'd be tempted to toss him back, but it's so damn cheap. Even if he gets only a few saves he gains that back. Estimating the value lost for taking a keeper slot is the tricky bit.

Rotolab has Kim valued at $9 (62 R, 12 HR, 66 RBI, 11 SB, .320 OBA); inflation, depending on auction shenanigans, is somewhere in the 40% range, so ~$13 (Rotolab has him $12 inflated). So a savings of $6. If he really keeps the full-time 2B position all year, even hitting 7th in that lineup should have plenty of opportunity, and he qualifies at both SS and 3B. But I have to admit he's the one I'm most on the fence about.

Rotolab has Brown valued at $15 (66 R, 26 HR, 80 RBI, 8 SB, .310 OBA); inflated that's ~$21 (Rotolab has him $20 inflated). So a savings of $18. He qualifies at 1B and OF. But he may be in a platoon, since his splits aren't great (though on the right side of it). So, I think there's a lot of savings there, more than Kim, but he also comes with some warning signs.

If you were to replace one or both of them, who would you bump to the list?
          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Agree, no extensions.

For me the bubbles are Floro, Kim, and all 3 of your extras.

Is it a 2C league?

Is it max10 keepers?

Comment

Agree, no extensions.

For me the bubbles are Floro, Kim, and all 3 of your extras.

Is it a 2C league?

Is it max10 keepers?
              No, 1C league, and yes, max 10 keepers.

Comment

They all seem pretty close. I think the biggest upside and also biggest risk is Kirilloff. Kim would be my last choice of this group.

Comment

They all seem pretty close. I think the biggest upside and also biggest risk is Kirilloff. Kim would be my last choice of this group.
                  Thanks for the advice. Will ponder. Deadline is tomorrow night...

Comment

Working...
                  X