2K23: Tyler Stephenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K23: Tyler Stephenson

What’s your read on Tyler Stephenson? Seems to be projected for a solid year as long as he’s healthy.

In our NL 5x5, an owner has him at $1 / option year. I’m debating offering Miles Mikolas at $1. Everyone expects Mikolas to regress. But is Stephenson really a better bet to produce?

I would make that trade and I would extend Tyler a year as well.

Comment

Thanks Gregg. What’s the rationale?
      To be clear, it’s not on the table yet. And I assume I would have to offer Mikolas plus. But want to make sure Stephenson is a worthwhile target.

Comment

Supposedly David Bell said he is going to play 4 out of 10 games at catcher, 4 at DH and 2 at 1B. The year is already mapped out. This will/should help keep him healthy and his bat in the line up. He went for $15 in LABR. He is listed at $14.6 on FanGraphs auction calculator. He is in his 3rd year as a keeper in our NL only 5x5 and they are sharks. If it is a 2 catcher league keeping him is a no brainer.

You shouldn't really have to give up too much more than Mikolas at $1. He has profit built in too. Maybe a little sweetener.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
          What’s your read on Tyler Stephenson? Seems to be projected for a solid year as long as he’s healthy.

In our NL 5x5, an owner has him at $1 / option year. I’m debating offering Miles Mikolas at $1. Everyone expects Mikolas to regress. But is Stephenson really a better bet to produce?
          I like Stephenson and agree with Gregg...except not sure about extension
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          ---------------------------------------------
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

I like Stephenson and agree with Gregg...except not sure about extension
            Thanks. This is what I’ve been thinking. Hoping to get the deal done.

Comment

Ended up getting Stephenson $1 (option year). Gave up Scherzer $30 (option), Pederson $7. Not sure what to expect from Stephenson, but felt it was a no brainer since I could only keep one of the other guys (if that). Thanks very much for the input!
              Last edited by Sharky; 03-14-2023, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Not a star.

Is a catcher.

Is injury prone.

That's 3 strikes when I just need 1 to take the profit and run with it. Zero chance I extend personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Not a star.
                  Not yet.

Is a catcher.
                  But expected to play significant time at 1B and DH. See next point.

Is injury prone.
                  Valid point, but with them moving him around, this is mitigated.

That's 3 strikes when I just need 1 to take the profit and run with it. Zero chance I extend personally.
                  All three of those strikes are just outside the zone, when e-zone is used.

"Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

image.png

Comment

Working...
                    X