NL Keepers for Sharky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL Keepers for Sharky

Would love some feedback on keepers for my NL league. 12TO 5x5. We keep a max of 7 plus minor leaguers.

My keeper candidates (all are year 2 unless noted). Asterisks are ones I consider no-brainers.

*Michael Harris $8
    *Spencer Strider $1
    *Logan Webb $2 (option: extend to $7 for two years?)
    *Miles Mikolas $1
    *Ryan Helsley $10
    Joe Musgrove $16 (option: likely final; don’t think I extend)
    JT Realmuto $28
    Joc Pederson $7
    Max Scherzer $30
    Brandon Crawford $6 (must keep or buy out for $3)

I plan to buy out Crawford (not awful but prefer other keepers even with the $3 hit). I’m thinking Musgrove and probably Realmuto. Any other views? I might be able to get Goldschmidt $28 option year; I think he would make the top 7.

Thanks for weighing in.

Would be nice to add some bats to your keeper list. JT and Goldy would certainly do that.

What would you have to give up for Goldy? If Musgrove would get you Goldy I would do that.

Extend Webb one year. Buy out Crawford.

Comment

I like Realmuto but at $28 how much more would he go for at auction. I might throw him back and earmark 28 for him to use the spot for Peterson at $7. Scherzer at 30 seems like a good deal in your format.

I would also extend Webb one year.

Comment

Thanks Gregg and Harmon. Appreciate the feedback.

$28 Goldschmidt would likely cost me $30 Scherzer and a little more (maybe a prospect or a minor league draft pick). I figure Realmuto doesn’t go for much more than $30 at auction. Was thinking the same thing about keeping Joc and earmarking money for JT. I’ve seen Joc valued at $15 or so, but he’s so hard to peg.

Comment

Joc is tough in a league with regular roster moves. Hard to get him playing 3 or 4 games in a row.

Good for daily, not good for weekly. bi-weekly.
          Last edited by harmon; 03-07-2023, 07:48 AM. Reason: clarifying daily vs other

Comment

No dice on Goldschmidt. Would you deal $30 Scherzer or $16 Musgrove for $36 Machado?

Comment

Yes for Scherzer, and then you could keep both Musgrove and Machado.

Comment

2C or 1C league? I'm not fond of paying that much for Realmuto, frankly, even in a 2C league, and in a 1C league you can almost always get some value in the end-game for $1 or $2...
                "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Realmuto is the one catcher you can spend money on. 20/20 guys with plus ave/obp very valuable anywhere more so at catcher. What are there about 8 or 9 in NL only leagues?

You have a lot of money to spend. I think I would trade Musgrove for Machado (keeping Machado over Joc) and keeping Scherzer for the last keeper. Your Pitching is siick. Machado adds some needed offense and you have $157 left to buy offense (127 if you spend 30 on Realmuto which I would do).

Lots of ways to go. What a great game we have.

Comment

Thanks all. Roster moves are weekly, but no bench (just unlimited IL).

Machado owner turned me down for Scherzer. He said he believes Machado would go for $45 at auction. Difficult to make any moves apparently. The one I might be able to do is flip Musgrove $16 for Wheeler $18 (by giving a minor league guy as well). I feel like Wheeler is higher floor and am inclined to do it if I can.

But if I’m stuck with my current list, where do you end up?

Keep Joc and Crawford (and earmark $$ to buy Realmuto)?
                    Keeo Joc and Realmuto, buy out Crawford for $3?
                    Keep Scherzer instead of someone?

My only concern about Realmuto is this: if SB rise league-wide, doesn’t that diminish the value of Realmuto and his 20 SB?
                    Last edited by Sharky; 03-08-2023, 08:19 AM.

Comment

I think you should not keep Joc in a weekly move league. I had him last year in a similar setup and it was painful.

I would keep JT and Musgrove. JT should still lead all C and if anything his steals should be even more valuable as most catchers probably gain maybe a couple of steals while he should get 5 plus maybe even up to 10 more.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                        My only concern about Realmuto is this: if SB rise league-wide, doesn’t that diminish the value of Realmuto and his 20 SB?
                        To clarify are you expecting Realmuto's SB to increase less than the rest of the league? If so, why?

Comment

I would probably keep Realmuto and Joc. I am not a fan of keeping injured pitchers as the abnormal spring ramp up can throw off their early season performance. Plus, he’s a $20 pitcher who will miss a month, so I would discount him to $17. Toss and pay $18 to get him back on a restarted contract while keeping Joc at $7 (who cares about timing his good games/starts…take the cumulative Roto stats and the value that provides your team).
                          2021 Auction Anatomy
                          2021 Keeper Decisions
                          2020 Auction Anatomy
                          2020 Pre-Auction
                          2015 Auction Anatomy
                          2014 Auction Anatomy
                          2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                          RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Working...
                          X