No announcement yet.

NL LABR results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pitching went for less than I expected. I would be happy pre pick my pitching from this group and fill those prices.

With the exception of Kyle Hendricks who was massively overbid at 0.

I do think there is profit to be made on Urias and Morton at their prices. Urias is currently $41 in our NL only. I expect him to be dropped but you never know. I own Morton at $25 have not been able to trade him so I will put him back. Would be happy to get him back at $15.

Thank you Moonlight for posting this. It is fun to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Pitching went for less than I expected. I would be happy pre pick my pitching from this group and fill those prices.

With the exception of Kyle Hendricks who was massively overbid at 0.

I do think there is profit to be made on Urias and Morton at their prices. Urias is currently $41 in our NL only. I expect him to be dropped but you never know. I own Morton at $25 have not been able to trade him so I will put him back. Would be happy to get him back at $15.

Thank you Moonlight for posting this. It is fun to see.
      In a keeper league or a redraft ?
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Good luck tonight in AL LABR, Jason! Hope you stick it to Eno I look forward to hearing how it went and any tidbits of AL wisdom I can use next week.

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
          Good luck tonight in AL LABR, Jason! Hope you stick it to Eno I look forward to hearing how it went and any tidbits of AL wisdom I can use next week.
          Ha! Agreed. Good luck, J.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
            Did anyone leave $ on table? Related to that were there any late bids that were inflated?
            nope and nope from what we've been able to tell. Big miss was Carty missing the Rodgers news so the $6 bid an opening bid

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post

nope and nope from what we've been able to tell. Big miss was Carty missing the Rodgers news so the $6 bid an opening bid
              Well that and several of his other bids. Plenty of money for mediocrity even if it got ABs. Easy to Monday morning QB though.

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

In a keeper league or a redraft ?
                Keeper

Comment

Keeper
                  This is redraft, which would explain prices lower than you expected.
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

This is redraft, which would explain prices lower than you expected.
                    I understand that.

In general what type of inflation would you apply to these numbers (I realize each league can by unique).

Comment

I understand that.

In general what type of inflation would you apply to these numbers (I realize each league can by unique).
                      Yeah, I agree..It's very hard to answer that as a general question. Inflation is very dependent on a lot of factors and league settings. For my primary league, it is mixed, 18 teams, 10 keepers, 15 minor leagues....I'd guess inflation is about 20%for the top guys from the LABR results.. But inflation also wouldn't be applied evenly to all players since the bottom picks of a 12 team only league would not even be drafted in a 18 team mixed league.

Probably someone who plays in a similar 12ish team only league could give you a better answer for that type of league
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Yeah, I agree..It's very hard to answer that as a general question. Inflation is very dependent on a lot of factors and league settings. For my primary league, it is mixed, 18 teams, 10 keepers, 15 minor leagues....I'd guess inflation is about 20%for the top guys from the LABR results.. But inflation also wouldn't be applied evenly to all players since the bottom picks of a 12 team only league would not even be drafted in a 18 team mixed league.

Probably someone who plays in a similar 12ish team only league could give you a better answer for that type of league
                        Yep, Plus the available players in keeper leagues makes a huge difference. In our NL only 6 of the top 10 will be back in auction this year. None of them were available last year. Jury's out on 37 Nola and 41 Urias (11th). I am thinking both will be back in.

When I see Nola going for 32 in the redraft, I am thinking maybe 37 Nola might be worth trading for considering our inflation (might get him for a reserve draft pick upgrade). Then I wonder if I could get Alcantara or Scherzer for the same money? Or Nola for less (that less thought often times doesn't work out). Seems like more love for Nola this year than I am giving him.

Comment

Yep, Plus the available players in keeper leagues makes a huge difference. In our NL only 6 of the top 10 will be back in auction this year. None of them were available last year. Jury's out on 37 Nola and 41 Urias (11th). I am thinking both will be back in.

When I see Nola going for 32 in the redraft, I am thinking maybe 37 Nola might be worth trading for considering our inflation (might get him for a reserve draft pick upgrade). Then I wonder if I could get Alcantara or Scherzer for the same money? Or Nola for less (that less thought often times doesn't work out). Seems like more love for Nola this year than I am giving him.
                          I think 30 is a good approximation of Nola's uninflated value for a 12 NL league. If you have high inflation he could be worth over 40. I likely would not keep him at 37 unless your league tends to pay a lot for starters or there is very limited supply this year (which it sounds like isn't an issue this year)
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                            Soto $43 went for more than Acuna $41. Outfield looks especially shallow in NL only.

And Yelich at $20 is ...hopeful.
                            Similar BA but 50+ points of OBP difference moves the valuations quite a bit in an OBP league

Comment

LABR is a batting average league.
                              Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
                                LABR is a batting average league.
                                Well then! Disregard the OBP discussion

Comment

Working...
                                X