freeze day last-minute extension decisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freeze day last-minute extension decisions

Im not one for doing many extensions, but im having a change of heart with this list. 13 teams 5x5 with an extra pitcher (10 total) and hitter (15 total) in the starting lineups. Here's the list. Contract year players are marked with a * - Who would you extend for 5 per year?

Melendez 1
    *Olson 28
    *Chisholm 5
    *Machado 30
    Tatis 10 (final year)
    *Mullins 10
    *Alcantara 1
    *Barlow 1
    *Peralta 1
    Devin Williams 1​

I would extend Olson 2 years Chisholm 1 year, Peralta assuming Freddy 1 year. Which Alcantara?

No on the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      I would extend Olson 2 years Chisholm 1 year, Peralta assuming Freddy 1 year. Which Alcantara?

No on the rest.
      Thanks. There are other Alcantaras worth keeping?

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        Im not one for doing many extensions, but im having a change of heart with this list. 13 teams 5x5 with an extra pitcher (10 total) and hitter (15 total) in the starting lineups. Here's the list. Contract year players are marked with a * - Who would you extend for 5 per year?

Melendez 1
        *Olson 28
        *Chisholm 5
        *Machado 30
        Tatis 10 (final year)
        *Mullins 10
        *Alcantara 1
        *Barlow 1
        *Peralta 1
        Devin Williams 1​
        IF it is a two cathcer league I might extend Melendez a year
        Chisholm extent 2 years
        Mullins one extra year
        Alcantara 1 or 2 years

Probably not Devin Williams unless you can trade him early in the year and extension provides extra value

Steamer and ZIps give Olson a value of 22/23 if i guessed the league settings right. So would not extend him
        Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 03-03-2023, 11:11 AM.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Just Jazz and Sandy for me. At least 2 years for each of them, maybe 3 with Sandy as he's only a buck. Keep your profits on the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
            Just Jazz and Sandy for me. At least 2 years for each of them, maybe 3 with Sandy as he's only a buck. Keep your profits on the rest.
            Mullins is on the bubble for me, really depends on inflation and expectations for future performance. But I'd probably extend
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
              Agreed.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

No on the rest.
                No extension for Olson! I read the salary as 2B not 28 which makes no sense in any scenario. If he is B you don't need to extend. I did ask myself how you got Olson at $2 bucks.

The only excuse I have is I popped in during a work break. I need to be more careful in the future. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

No extension for Olson! I read the salary as 2B not 28 which makes no sense in any scenario. If he is B you don't need to extend. I did ask myself how you got Olson at $2 bucks.

The only excuse I have is I popped in during a work break. I need to be more careful in the future. Sorry for the confusion.
                  I just figured that you were high on hopeium.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I would extend Chisholm, Peralta, and Williams one year. Then I would extend Alcantara 2 years since he is looking more and more like a borderline elite SP.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Chisholm and Alcantara yes.
                      Mullins maybe worth it.
                      No way on Olson.

Comment

Working...
                      X