No announcement yet.

Closer Watch: 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if Melancon gets 2 more clean saves, he's the closer. This isnt LaRussa we're dealing with here.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• managers are liars. It makes no difference what they say. Read the tea leaves.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• So...If you had to choose between Rauch and Fransisco who would you want?
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Batista now with a 0.60 ERA as he pitches a clean 8th for the Cardinals, who grab a 6-4 lead.

who in the 9th?

place yer bets, ladies...

And it's.... SANCHEZ, pay the man!

but will he pull it off?

ARamirez 2-0 count, but flies to right on 2-1 pitch.
          ASoriano whiffs on 3 pitches. Opponents now hitting a Marmol-ian .159 against him (with a rookie Marmol BB total alas).

2-0 on Carlos Pena, walks him on a 3-1 pitch, that's not good.

1-2 to Castro, 2nd straight game Sanchez is just one strike away on a good count.... 2-2... 3-2....ah, fly out to right.

19 pitches.

There is no doubt anymore that LaRussa WANTS Sanchez to be the guy. And that is good to know.
          But he's very wild, and I suspect the umps give a guy like that no favors in a big spot, so he has work to do...
          Last edited by Judge Jude; 05-10-2011, 10:04 PM.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
            if Melancon gets 2 more clean saves, he's the closer. This isnt LaRussa we're dealing with here.
            With the Astros, that may take two or three weeks.
            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
              So...If you had to choose between Rauch and Fransisco who would you want?
              I own them in one league each. Beware of both!

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
              -- William James

Comment

Francisco despite the blown save.

Comment

• Heard on radio that Aardsma has a UCL "sprain". No idea on severity.

So, I was wrong. He didn't fall on his sword, but he'll potentially fall on James Andrews scalpel.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Rauch, because he has better skills. In a really shallow league maybe there's an argument for Francisco since he's the guy of the moment, but in a situation where you are holding one of them for the whole year, I'll still take Rauch.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                      Rauch, because he has better skills. In a really shallow league maybe there's an argument for Francisco since he's the guy of the moment, but in a situation where you are holding one of them for the whole year, I'll still take Rauch.
                      agreed
                      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                        Nope, gotta disagree here...Rauch might have the better peripherals, but Francisco has better stuff by far. And most managers want, need, to have a guy who can come in and shut down the line-up. Rauch just isn't that guy...Francisco is. That's the reason that the Twins went out last year and got Capps, despite Rauch looking good on the surface.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• The Cards now officially hate Ryan Franklin...they let him go 3 innings and 54 pitches tonight. No doubt hoping that he'd blow his elbow out so that they would never have to see him again...
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Yeah, Franklin got one last weird key appearance 7-10 days ago that made you wonder, but now it looks like the end is nigh

Trifecta box favorites now

Sanchez
                            Salas

Boggs/Batista
                            Motte

TMiller
                            Franklin

did I miss anyone?
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                              Yeah, Franklin got one last weird key appearance 7-10 days ago that made you wonder, but now it looks like the end is nigh

Sanchez
                              Salas

Boggs/Batista
                              Motte

TMiller
                              Franklin

did I miss anyone?
                              Joe Magraine and Todd Worrell

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                                Yeah, Franklin got one last weird key appearance 7-10 days ago that made you wonder, but now it looks like the end is nigh

Sanchez
                                Salas

Boggs/Batista
                                Motte

TMiller
                                Franklin

did I miss anyone?
                                Bruce Sutter

Heck, he can probably outpitch Franklin right now

-- William James

Comment

Working...
                                X