Closer Watch: 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
    If I can go on believing that Jansen will get the next save for the Dodgers then we have a deal.
    I BELIEVE! I BELIEVE! I BELIEVE! Ok, that should work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      You guys really think Boggs has lost his closer job because of bad outing? With that games 27.00 era he raised his year total to 2.13 with a whip of 1.03. 15k in 12.2 IP and only 3 walks. I think Uncle Tony will give him a few more chances.
      I'd certainly like to know. I was offered Boggs for my $1 Evan Meek in my NL only keeper league. I already have two closers (one being Hanrahan).
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
        I'd certainly like to know. I was offered Boggs for my $1 Evan Meek in my NL only keeper league. I already have two closers (one being Hanrahan).
        I think I would make that deal. I think you get more saves from Boggs this year vs Meek and who know about 2012.

Comment

How much is Boggs? Regardless, I'd make that deal too. The Pirates are talking about removing Meek from his 7th/8th inning role at this point.

Comment

How much is Boggs? Regardless, I'd make that deal too. The Pirates are talking about removing Meek from his 7th/8th inning role at this point.
            Is Resop moving up in the pecking order? Or is that just wishful thinking on my behalf?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
              Is Resop moving up in the pecking order? Or is that just wishful thinking on my behalf?
              From Rotoworld:
              04.28... The Pirates have discussed temporarily removing Evan Meek from a set-up role.
              Spin: Meek is currently fighting through some weakness in his shoulder and hasn't been nearly as effective this season, posting a 5.63 ERA and 8/5 K/BB ratio over eight innings. "It's something we're talking about," said Pirates manager Clint Hurdle. "I've been in conversation with Evan about everything - about his health, his ability to bounce back, those type of things. Those conversations are ongoing." Chris Resop or Jose Veras are two potential replacements for the eighth inning.

Comment

um, drop everything and accept now.
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
                  Definitely Resop. He has pitched very well since coming to Pittsburgh. He's seriously flying under the radar at this point. If something would happen to Hanrahan or if he implodes, I'm 90% sure that Resop would be unexpectedly thrust into the role. Veras is a factor but he's a journeyman...also a little under-rated, but Resop is more likely the next in line if something happened to Hanrahan today.

Comment

• Nathan has a couple of clean 2k innings in his last two outings. If he keeps this up, how long before he gets a shot at closing again? Does that depend on Capps, or is Nathan the guy if they are both pitching well?

Comment

Boggs is $3F, which means if I want to keep him next year he would be $8 and can only be kept for one year. I realize he has more value now, but I'm wondering if long term Meek is the better option. I'm already tied for first in saves but I guess if Boggs does well and runs away with the job I'll have a better trading chip than a potential closer-in-waiting in Meek. I've been under the impression that Meek would be the closer in the second half and I think the Boggs owner thinks that as well. He also want to get his hands on my $2 Luebke, this is a 13 team NL only league.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Boggs is $3F, which means if I want to keep him next year he would be $8 and can only be kept for one year. I realize he has more value now, but I'm wondering if long term Meek is the better option. I'm already tied for first in saves but I guess if Boggs does well and runs away with the job I'll have a better trading chip than a potential closer-in-waiting in Meek. I've been under the impression that Meek would be the closer in the second half and I think the Boggs owner thinks that as well. He also want to get his hands on my $2 Luebke, this is a 13 team NL only league.
                        I've been burned too many times by "closers in waiting". So often they seem to keep waiting. Motte is another good example of that. I'd rather have Boggs.

Comment

I've been burned too many times by "closers in waiting". So often they seem to keep waiting. Motte is another good example of that. I'd rather have Boggs.
                          As Corey Schwartz says "the road to fifth place is littered with closers of the future".

Comment

Either he explained it poorly or I read it wrong. It's not a one for one deal he wants to do. He also wants Luebke and would give me Lindstrom. Yet a few weeks ago he was talking about trading me Greinke for Luebke plus a prospect. I think I'll pass for now.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Is Ryan Perry worth holding onto at $4 in a 10-team AL-only keeper league? Valverde has a club option at $9M for next year, but the way's he's pitching they'll definitely pick it up. I'm hoping Perry can at least provide quality ratios and K-rate, but he'd be the one I'd drop at this point if I wanted to pick someone up.

Comment

• So Larussa brought in Boggs in the 8th when the Cards were down 3-2. Then after the Cards tie the game up he brings in Sanchez. Can we make anything out of this?

Sanchez K's 3 in 2 innings including Heyward and McCann.
                                Last edited by ; 04-29-2011, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X