Closer Watch: 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Padilla, Save #1.
    12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
    1B-Cron
    2B- Villar
    SS- Andrus
    3B-Baez
    MI-L. Gurriel
    CI- Y.Gurriel
    OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
    UTIL- Benintendi
    BENCH: Pence, Dyson
    SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
    RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
    IL: Buxton

Comment

• Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
      Remember Jason Motte only got one game and he was not sniffed a save since.
      Yes, but Jason Motte is no Mitchell Boggs.....(said the owner of Mitchell Boggs)

Comment

• Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
        Yes, but Jason Motte is no Mitchell Boggs.....(said the owner of Mitchell Boggs)
        I am still bitter you out bid me on both he and Santos that week.

Comment

• Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
          I am still bitter you out bid me on both he and Santos that week.
          Yes, but I'm bitter that no one outbid me for Willie Bloomquist. So I'm considering us even.

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
            Padilla, Save #1.
            Well, in my league that I had Jansen, I had the #2 waiver selection and grabbed Padilla, so that should help.

Comment

• Originally posted by primetime View Post
              I still think Sanchez should be the man.
              What do you think now...Sanchez looked awful as the closer yesterday, albeit he got the save.

Dammit I paid 2 bucks for Motte on draft day because he was the closer in waiting in St. Louis and I get..Boggs blow-ups, Sanchez screw-ups, and Franklin Fu....well, you get it.

LaRussa sucks!

Comment

• "I paid 2 bucks for Motte on draft day because he was the closer in waiting"

he was? somebody should have told LaRussa
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                  What do you think now...Sanchez looked awful as the closer yesterday, albeit he got the save.

Dammit I paid 2 bucks for Motte on draft day because he was the closer in waiting in St. Louis and I get..Boggs blow-ups, Sanchez screw-ups, and Franklin Fu....well, you get it.

LaRussa sucks!
                  Dammit, I think it should be Fernando Salas!!!!

That's what Shandler told me at his conference.....hey Ron, how about a call to LaRussa?

Didn't you used to work for them???? Come on, help a brotha out!

Comment

• Motte enters with 2 outs in the 6th with bags loaded and Cards up 10-4.
                    allows a single to make it 10-5, then gets the last out and is replaced by a pinch-hitter.

Albert Pujols is closer to taking over the closer role than Motte is...
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by griswold View Post
                      Dammit, I think it should be Fernando Salas!!!!

That's what Shandler told me at his conference.....hey Ron, how about a call to LaRussa?

Didn't you used to work for them???? Come on, help a brotha out!
                      Wow...this Shandler guy is good, no?

I whine about Salas...and who gets the save last night for the Cards? You got it! Salas, himself!

Comment

Wow...this Shandler guy is good, no?

I whine about Salas...and who gets the save last night for the Cards? You got it! Salas, himself!
                        Possibly just dumb luck for Salas, though. He came in the game in the 8th with the Cards up by only 3. The Cards scored 1 in the top of the 9th (no longer a save situation if they change pitchers), so they just left Salas in. It would've been interesting to see if they would've left Salas in if they hadn't scored that run. Does anyone know if they had someone warming up in the pen during the Top of the 9th?

Comment

• Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                          Possibly just dumb luck for Salas, though. He came in the game in the 8th with the Cards up by only 3. The Cards scored 1 in the top of the 9th (no longer a save situation if they change pitchers), so they just left Salas in. It would've been interesting to see if they would've left Salas in if they hadn't scored that run. Does anyone know if they had someone warming up in the pen during the Top of the 9th?
                          Ssshhhhhh...just let me believe that I had something to do with it.

Comment

Ssshhhhhh...just let me believe that I had something to do with it.
                            If I can go on believing that Jansen will get the next save for the Dodgers then we have a deal.

Comment

• You guys really think Boggs has lost his closer job because of bad outing? With that games 27.00 era he raised his year total to 2.13 with a whip of 1.03. 15k in 12.2 IP and only 3 walks. I think Uncle Tony will give him a few more chances.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                You guys really think Boggs has lost his closer job because of bad outing? With that games 27.00 era he raised his year total to 2.13 with a whip of 1.03. 15k in 12.2 IP and only 3 walks. I think Uncle Tony will give him a few more chances.
                                I have learned never to trust any rational belief when dealing with Larussa.

Signed 2009 Owner of Jason Motte for $29.

Comment

Working...
                                X