Freeze/Trade Help Needed - 5x5 Mixed League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeze/Trade Help Needed - 5x5 Mixed League

5x5 Mixed League, trying to decide on my last keepers. I'm down to three pitchers...Nathan Eovaldi at 2B (two more years), Luis Garcia 1C (final year), and Hunter Brown 3B (two more years). I have two spots left. Which two should I freeze? If I don't freeze Hunter Brown, I have been offered a favorable draft pick for him.

(My other pitching freezes include S. McClanahan, F. Valdez, J. Montgomery, A. Cobb, and J. Springs.)

Any thoughts or insights would be appreciated.

If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Altho he had a nice outing yesterday there is a bit of a nag about Garcia's rock the boat routine being outlawed with the new rules.

Eovaldi has a nice landing spot in Texas and at 2B I think he's your first guy. I am a Hunter Brown fanboy and would take him as my 2nd, but there's an argument for Garcia and maybe that draft pick for Brown is enough to swing it for you.

You have a nice stable of starters already, I think you're in a position to take on Brown who may not get the innings this year as he will in your last two years with him.

Comment

It would have to be a very favorable draft pick for me to move Brown and I would have to see a good target for me to use it on.

I would be keeping Eovaldi and Brown while I see what kind of draft pick I could get for Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        It would have to be a very favorable draft pick for me to move Brown and I would have to see a good target for me to use it on.

I would be keeping Eovaldi and Brown while I see what kind of draft pick I could get for Garcia.
        It's my first round pick in reserves

I have a vested interest in this one!!

Comment

Sorry for killing this thread slash trade

Comment

I'm not a fan of Eovaldi at all. I think the Rangers are going to regret giving him that big contract. So, it's any easy decision for me to keep Garcia and Brown. I expect Brown to bump Urquidy from the Astros rotation if all of their pitchers remain healthy.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
              5x5 Mixed League, trying to decide on my last keepers. I'm down to three pitchers...Nathan Eovaldi at 2B (two more years), Luis Garcia 1C (final year), and Hunter Brown 3B (two more years). I have two spots left. Which two should I freeze? If I don't freeze Hunter Brown, I have been offered a favorable draft pick for him.

(My other pitching freezes include S. McClanahan, F. Valdez, J. Montgomery, A. Cobb, and J. Springs.)

Any thoughts or insights would be appreciated.

If you can't trade one of them I would keep Brown for sure and flip a coin on Garcia and Eovaldi
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              ---------------------------------------------
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                I'm not a fan of Eovaldi at all. I think the Rangers are going to regret giving him that big contract. So, it's any easy decision for me to keep Garcia and Brown. I expect Brown to bump Urquidy from the Astros rotation if all of their pitchers remain healthy.
                Leaning that way, but it would give me three Astros starters. Is there an upside/downside to that?
                If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post

Leaning that way, but it would give me three Astros starters. Is there an upside/downside to that?
                  I see it as upside since that lineup should provide a lot of run support and more wins. The only downside is if Urquidy gets off to a strong start and delays Brown from moving into the rotation. I'm betting against that. If the talent is there, and I think it is, Brown should force his way into the rotation at some point this season. An IL stint for one of the other starters could put him there in April.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I've heard through the grapevine that someone made an offer for Eovaldi for draft picks.

Comment

Astros manager Dusty Baker said on Tuesday that Lance McCullers Jr. (elbow) has yet to resume throwing.

We're in a bit of a holding pattern here with McCullers Jr., who has been shut down since mid-February due to a right elbow muscle strain. The 29-year-old right-hander is facing an extended absence as he'll essentially need to build up his pitch count and stamina over several weeks, once he's cleared to resume throwing, before being an option for the Astros' starting rotation. Top prospect Hunter Brown is expected to take his spot in Houston's season-opening rotation.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                      X