X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL Trade - Romano for Pasquantino?

AL 5x5 league 12 teams
    I give Jordan Romano $12 (option year)
    I get Vinnie Pasquantino $19 (going into year 2)

Is that crazy to consider? On the surface Romano far more under value. OTOH Pasquantino could be quite good and 1B isn’t super deep. We keep 7, and my 8 keeper candidates are:

MJ Melendez $8
    Jose Miranda $8
    Jeremy Pena $7
    Adolis Garcia $10 (option)
    Teoscar Hernandez $18 final
    Alek Manoah $24
    Andres Munoz $3
    Jordan Romano $10 (option) — or Pasquantino $19

In an AL only I would definitely keep Romano. He is a better value at $10.
    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
      AL 5x5 league 12 teams
      I give Jordan Romano $12 (option year)
      I get Vinnie Pasquantino $19 (going into year 2)

Is that crazy to consider? On the surface Romano far more under value. OTOH Pasquantino could be quite good and 1B isn’t super deep. We keep 7, and my 8 keeper candidates are:

MJ Melendez $8
      Jose Miranda $8
      Jeremy Pena $7
      Adolis Garcia $10 (option)
      Teoscar Hernandez $18 final
      Alek Manoah $24
      Andres Munoz $3
      Jordan Romano $10 (option) — or Pasquantino $19
      Can you package Miranda and someone else for a better keeper ? That would be my approach
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I also like Romano over Vinny, partly because of the salary difference.

Comment

Romano and not particularly close

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Romano and not particularly close
            I agree with Ken. That said Fangraphs have them both earing about $2.5 over your current prices.

I have Pasq. for $10 (love it). I would easily trade him for a $10 Romano if I could.

Romano is back in the auction. I think he will go for about $24.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

I have Pasq. for $10 (love it). I would easily trade him for a $10 Romano if I could.
              Agree with this. In an only, keeping Romano a no-brainer here, IMO
              One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Thanks all. Seems pretty clear consensus.

Have a chance to acquire Ohtani $21 / option year. I think he ends up in the NL next year (if traded midseason we get stats until end of current season). It would surely take a package to
                land him. Which combo of my guys clearly gets it done (but is worth doing)? I’m having a tough time coming up with package.

Miranda, Manoah, and Romano?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                  Thanks all. Seems pretty clear consensus.

Have a chance to acquire Ohtani $21 / option year. I think he ends up in the NL next year (if traded midseason we get stats until end of current season). It would surely take a package to
                  land him. Which combo of my guys clearly gets it done (but is worth doing)? I’m having a tough time coming up with package.

Miranda, Manoah, and Romano?
                  Daily transactions?
                  If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post

Daily transactions?
                    No, weekly and no bench just IL.

Comment

If you can't pitch and hit Shohei in the same week, that is too much to give up for him, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post

Daily transactions?
                        Do you get his batting stats on days that he pitches?

I was typing when Redbirds was positing. Agree with him.

Comment

Thanks all. It’s either/or (batter/pitcher). I would likely just use him as a pitcher, though owning him would allow flexibility in the auction.

If that’s too much, what would be a reasonable / good offer? Tough for me to calibrate.

Comment

Working...
                          X