2K23: Andres Munoz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K23: Andres Munoz

He may be the hardest thrower in all baseball but he's coming off foot surgery. Last week, 1 February, we had word that he is only now allowed a walking boot. His ADP is around 150 even with the rehab.

Seattle already has a solid closer in Paul Sewald. There is no rush to get Munoz to the back end of the bullpen but Sewald becomes very tradeable whenever Munoz is ready. Are you buying at his list price?

Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

The report was Munoz had been out of the walking boot for two weeks and was embarking on a throwing program with the intention of no restrictions in spring training. Seattle has been deploying a closer committee and there are no indications if that will change this season.

If 150 in the NFBC ADP, it needs to be kept in context and may not be applicable to non-NFBC leagues, It's better to see where's he drafted relative to other sources of saves, and not fixate on the ADP.
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

I have Munoz at $3 in an AL 5x5 - going into year two. Am debating trading Romano $12/option and keeping Munoz (assuming a good return on Romano of course). So this is a timely question.

I think Munoz has great upside but also risk. But all closers seem to these days.
      Last edited by Sharky; 02-12-2023, 05:20 PM.

Comment

I like him a lot but Munoz seems similar to Duran in that they will put up great numbers and have superior skills but may be deployed unpredictably and in a lot of 7th and 8th inning situations. That seems to be the way the winds are blowing these days, and especially in these two situations I think. Would depend on what you get for Romano but he's surely a better lock for saves if you want to nail those down before your auction.

Comment

Working...
        X