trade advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trade advice

His $9 Daniel Bard (A contract) for my minor league Max Meyer?

One might say a Bard in the hand is worth two Meyers in the bush (sorry, I couldn't resist), but I'm really worried about any COL closer so I've demurred once already, because of Meyer's upside (even given his risk from surgeries).

Full disclosure - this is RJEL.
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

That is a tough one, as they both have obvious warts. Bard could easily pumpkin and become worthless. Meyer could easily never fully recover from TJ and/or never become a major league starter. I tend to trust my ability to find saves on the cheap, so I'd probably keep Meyer, but it is a fair offer in that both assets carry risk, and Bard has more immediate potential gains. I'm just not a big believer of his.

Comment

Thanks for the input. Echoes my thinking almost exactly. I do think it's a fair offer - he's got too many keepers and I've got too many minor leaguers so it makes some sense. I'm just worried about Bard (and I see a lot of Rockies games...).
      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
        Thanks for the input. Echoes my thinking almost exactly. I do think it's a fair offer - he's got too many keepers and I've got too many minor leaguers so it makes some sense. I'm just worried about Bard (and I see a lot of Rockies games...).
        You got Mail.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post

You got Mail.
          Mods, please move to the Exceelent Movie thread, thanks !
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          ---------------------------------------------
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            That is a tough one, as they both have obvious warts. Bard could easily pumpkin and become worthless. Meyer could easily never fully recover from TJ and/or never become a major league starter. I tend to trust my ability to find saves on the cheap, so I'd probably keep Meyer, but it is a fair offer in that both assets carry risk, and Bard has more immediate potential gains. I'm just not a big believer of his.
            As a Meyer owner, I have tried to keep abreast of everything about Meyer. All I've found is that he is out for all or virtually all of the year. I for one do not want to carry him until 2024.
            Bearin' up!

Comment

I would roll the dice with Bard in this trade.

Comment

Working...
              X