choice of 3 SPs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• choice of 3 SPs

How would you rank these three back-of-the-staff SPs in a 5x5?

Jeff Niemann
    Scott Baker
    Gavin Floyd

Probably doesn't matter but it's for a 12-team mixed league.

Niemann and Floyd had shoulder issues last year, so I would be wary until I was sure of their health, which may not be possible.

Baker has had elbow issues in the past, but appears healthy enough now. I would give him the nod over the other two, but the three are probably close enough you could throw your hat over them.

Comment

I'd take Floyd first, then Neimann. I love Floyd's groundball rates and solid K/9 and K/BB, even though his park sucks. Neimann has a great park but isn't quite as dominant.

Comment

Gardenhire has announced that Duensing and Blackburn are in the rotation with Pavano and Liriano. That means Baker and Slowey are competing for the last spot in the rotation. I'd stay away from Baker until that decision is made.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush View Post
          Gardenhire has announced that Duensing and Blackburn are in the rotation with Pavano and Liriano. That means Baker and Slowey are competing for the last spot in the rotation. I'd stay away from Baker until that decision is made.
          Rush! Long time, no speak, lol. Knowing that Baker is fighting Slowey for the final SP slot does affect my decision here. I gotta say I'm surprised, and I figure it will work itself out eventually. However, I have to look at Floyd and Niemann ahead of him with this latest news.

Comment

Working...
          X