Calling all Venters owners....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all Venters owners....

Kimbrell continues to get shelled while Venters continues to sparkle.

Sure, it's still very early...

But, despite everyone in the ATL sports media handing the closer's role to Kimbrell, Fredi has stated repeatedly that the closer competition is wide open between the two young pitchers.

As a Venters owner, I am hoping the trend continues.

I'm keeping Venters regardless. I still expect the saves to break down something like one guy with 25 and the other with 15 no matter what happens, but I would be happier if Venters was the 25.

Comment

How much are you keeping Venters for? I have him at $10 in a 15 team-mixed. Worth it?
      Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

I have Venters at $10 in an NL-only 4x4 ... If you could guarantee me 15 saves, I'd probably keep him. But I can't see keeping him at that price. Unless he's named closer by March 20, when I have to declare keepers, he will be back in my draft.

Comment

I want to hear more about Kimbrel's velocity today since I heard he's been in the low 90s the past few starts which is low for him. Even though I own Venters at $2 in 2 leagues (18-team mixed and 12-team NL) I need to see a few more rough starts from Kimbrel before I start to think that Jonny can get a big piece of the saves picture down here in the ATL.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
            How much are you keeping Venters for? I have him at $10 in a 15 team-mixed. Worth it?
            That's a bit steep. I have him at $5 in an 18-team mixed. I figure that his K/9 and GB% are both elite, if he isn't closing he should be setting up and could vulture a few wins.

Comment

Working...
            X