11 Tm AL only Keepers - Pick 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11 Tm AL only Keepers - Pick 5

11 team AL only, standard 5x5. I want to get some input on keepers. I can keep up to 5. Who should I keep?

C Saltalamacchia 5
    3B Valencia 10
    OF Snider 13
    OF Kubel 23
    P Cahill 7
    P Matsuzaka 7
    P Buchholz 14
    P Scherzer 23

I'd definitely keep Snider, Buchholz and Cahill. I'd seriously consider Scherzer, but probably not do it.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

OF Snider 13
      P Cahill 7

I love Max but 23 is too high.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I am going to agree and disagree with roto brothers on this one. Agree with Snider Cahill and Buchholtz.

Disagree on Scherzer. If you have any league inflation or if there is not a whole bunch of pitchers back in, Scherzer is a good keep at $23. And if you do not want to keep him than trade him. No need to throw him back and get nothing.

Comment

The top 2-3 pitchers usually go for about $35, so that does make me consider Scherzer.

For the last spot, I am trying to decide if Dice-K, Salty or Valencia would be worth keeping. Are any worthy?

Comment

Originally posted by BC... View Post
            The top 2-3 pitchers usually go for about $35, so that does make me consider Scherzer.

For the last spot, I am trying to decide if Dice-K, Salty or Valencia would be worth keeping. Are any worthy?
            Of any of them I'd keep Salty (assuming you start 2 catchers)... fangraphs fans have him at 107 games, .251-12-50.

You do have some nice low ratio, low K starters in Cahill and Buchholz, so maybe DiceK is worth a roll of the dice, but I'd rather wait and see what happens at auction.

But yeah, I'd keep Max.

Comment

Originally posted by BC... View Post

Yeh, I'd keep Scherzer and probably take a chance on Salty since he has a good chance to get plenty of playing time and if you can keep him for next year at $5 it could work out well for you.

Comment

I wouldn't be able to keep any of these players in 2012. I'd have topper rights on them though.

I am leaning toward Salty at the moment but might keep one of my following players with topping rights.

Zobrist $6
                Morel $3
                Carrasco $3 (Cleveland based league)

Comment

Zobrist would be my thought

Comment

Working...
                  X