Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper Help

Hey guys,

Keepers are due in the next day or two and I needed some last minute help cutting down to 7 keepers.
    Mixed League. Standard 5x5 plus OPS for hitters and Quality Starts for pitchers.
    Our Roster:
    C, 1B, 2b, SS, 3B, INF, OF, OF, OF, UTIL, UTIL, 5SP, 3RP, P, 5 Bench

$250 cap, players can be kept for up to 3 years. I need to narrow down from the following list
    Brian McCann ($12/2nd year)
    Buster Posey ($7/2nd year)
    Elvis Andrus ($4/2nd year)
    Andrew McCutcheon ($14/2nd year)
    Andre Either ($5/3rd year)
    Adam Jones ($1/3rd year)
    Adam Dunn ($5/3rd year)
    Car-Go ($13/2nd year)

Tommy Hanson ($1/3rd year)
    Yovanni Gallardo ($13/3rd year)
    Cole Hamels ($18/2nd year)
    David Price ($3/2nd year)
    Mat Latos ($1/2nd year)
    Francisco Liriano ($2/2nd year)

My initial thought is: Posey, McCutch, Car-Go, Hanson, Price, Latos, Liriano, but I'm finding it real hard to not want to include Either/Dunn.

Thoughts?

First thought is that you should easily be able to deal eithe Posey or McCann for something pretty decent. I'd keep Latos, Hanson, and Price on the pitching side...it gives you 3 really nice pitchers for 5 bucks. Then I'd take Posey, Eithier, McCutcheon, and Dunn. Love Cargo, and I guess that you could replace Ethier there, and still have a lot of money at auction. Liriano is another great trade chip...so is Hamels. You have some really nice options there...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

This is a sick list...how big is the league? I'm going to guess it's not bigger than 12; I just can't imagine how all those players could be that cheap in a bigger league.

Your Cs are both excellent but I don't think they make your top 7 so I would definitely try to trade them but I'm not sure you will find better options.

Ethier
      Dunn
      CarGo
      Hanson
      Price
      Latos
      Liriano
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

In a 12 team or less mixed league, always keep hitting over pitching. I'd hate giving up a $2 Liriano or a $3 Price, but I'd keep Dunn, CarGo, Ethier, McCutcheon, Hanson, Latos and one of Price or Liriano. As others have noted, if you can package a 2-1 or 3-2 with one of your Cs, a SP, and an OF and get a hitting upgrade, that's a good direction to go.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Buster Posey ($7/2nd year)
          Andrew McCutcheon ($14/2nd year)
          Andre Either ($5/3rd year)
          Adam Dunn ($5/3rd year)
          Car-Go ($13/2nd year)
          Tommy Hanson ($1/3rd year)
          Mat Latos ($1/2nd year)
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. The list is a combination of drafting guys before they hit the big leagues and having a favorable contract and also dumping last year when I thought we were going to be able to have 10 keepers but now only 7 due to adding teams to the league.

Comment

Working...
            X