Offer thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offer thoughts

I have Jake McGee at 3 in my previously mentioned 12 team 5x5, AL+Brewers, Cubs, Cards league (OBP and SLG, no BA and HR). I've been offered an expiring Luke Scott at 11 or Travis Snider at 9. Luke Scott's particularly tempting to me given the uncertainty of McGee's role.

Thoughts?
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Tough one. I'd want our TB expert, Jason, to address what's happening with McGee. I have no faith in Farnsworth though

Comment

Goldstein thinks he will be closing by mid season. He is a lefty, does that make a difference?

At three bucks McGee probably makes you a couple of bucks either way. You probably only make a couple of bucks on the current contracts of Scott or Snider as well. So if you make the trade you spend more to make about the same amount of profit as you would if you didn't make the trade. Add to the fact that both are done after this year, I would pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Goldstein thinks he will be closing by mid season. He is a lefty, does that make a difference?

At three bucks McGee probably makes you a couple of bucks either way. You probably only make a couple of bucks on the current contracts of Scott or Snider as well. So if you make the trade you spend more to make about the same amount of profit as you would if you didn't make the trade. Add to the fact that both are done after this year, I would pass.
        +1... (5 character minimum?)
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I think that it depends on what you need more...do you need the power that Scott will give you? Or the K's, and eventually the potential saves, that McGee will?
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

I'm admittedly biased: I think Farnsworth sucks. My inclination is to keep McGee.

Therefore, I'm looking for more objective opinions on McGee going forward. Jason had mentioned some metrics that indicated Farnsworth was showing improvements over the last two years.

OTOH, I always like going in strong on hitting, as I've had success in this league mining for inexpensive and fairly good pitching.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              Depends on the manager. Some are willing to have lefties close if the talent is there, others aren't. I would think Maddon is the type of guy who will go with whoever earns it, regardless of experience or handedness.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                Depends on the manager. Some are willing to have lefties close if the talent is there, others aren't. I would think Maddon is the type of guy who will go with whoever earns it, regardless of experience or handedness.
                He's already done it with JP Howell in 2009. He had 17 saves...
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                X