Pence to Giants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pence to Giants?

At Examiner.com™ we help you excel personal finance, boost income, invest wisely, travel smart, reach financial freedom faster, and enjoy life on a budget.

According to a report by KPIX-TV, the San Francisco Giants have a "deal in place" for Philadelphia Phillies right fielder Hunter Pence, pending ownership approval.

But Giants' VP Bobby Evans texted KPIX-TV that a deal has not been done, however, so it's unknown whether Pence is really on the Giants yet.

Assuming that the trade did happen, unconfirmed reports have stated that the Giants parted ways with their second ranked prospect, catcher Tommy Joseph.

Joseph, who just turned 21, is in Double-A ball, where he is batting .263 with eight home runs and 38 RBIs in 79 games. In 323 career minor league games, Joseph is a .257 hitter with 46 home runs and 201 RBIs.
    Impressive if it happens.

This would be awesome. The Giants would be getting off cheap.

Comment

What are the implications for the Giants for 2013, if any? Isn't he a FA then?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
        What are the implications for the Giants for 2013, if any? Isn't he a FA then?
        He's arbitration eligible. So he'd probably be looking at 10-12 mil, but at least he'd be under team control.

Comment

right, Phillies may want to avoid the market rate on Pence that kicks in for next year re arb.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I'd love this deal if it is true....win now baby!
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              More like $14+. I'm kind of surprised that the Giants would target him instead of some other possibilities.
              $15 million is the number being thrown around on Philly radio.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Pence to SF?

Heyman tweeting things again.

Comment

Makes you wonder if Pence will just be a rental for this year if the Giants decline his team option for 2k13.
                  He's 29. Maybe they can buy out that arb year and give him something like 3/30. That would make him more keepable or more tradeable. Unless he really thinks he's getting Jayson Werth money at age 30. Which maybe he does, I dunno.

Comment

Suspicion is that the C the phils would get in this deal (Tommy Joseph) might be flipped for Chase Headley.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

12:20pm: The deal is not done and some issues need to be completed beyond physicals, tweets ESPN's Jerry Crasnick.
                      12:41pm: It sounds like the issues have been resolved, tweets Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle. Pence passed his physical, tweets Baggarly.
                      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                        Suspicion is that the C the phils would get in this deal (Tommy Joseph) might be flipped for Chase Headley.
                        But SD has Grandal at catcher, who prior to hurting himself has been very good in his brief start in the majors. Would they convert Joseph to 3B?
                        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

local sources put Schierholz in the mix back to Philly....
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Phillies officially announce they've trade Pence and cash considerations to Giants for Schierholtz, Joseph, and Rosin.

(from MLBTR)

Comment

I like Pence's girlfriend....

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X