RJEL Keepers/Extensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJEL Keepers/Extensions

5x5 with OBP, 18 teams (all or mostly rjbullpen'ers), 10 keepers, typical lineup with 5 OFs, CI, MI, 2 util, 9 Ps...I'm looking for thoughts on my last two keepers and any extensions. Keep in mind I have Hellickson and Aroldis Chapman in the minors, so I can keep them without using up a keeper slot. At this point, I am thinking of extending Kershaw and Scherzer both 1 year, making them 11 and 6, respectively. Thanks in advance!

Likely keeps:
    Huff-5B
    Kemp-14expire
    Tabata-4A
    Beckham-6B
    Danks-6expire
    Kershaw-6opt
    Scherzer-1opt
    Neftali Feliz-2A

Possibilities for final two:
    Victor Martinez-18opt
    Kelly Johnson-15B
    Cuddyer-6opt
    Niese-1A
    Adrian Gonzalez-42B

I would extend Kershaw one year. On the fence about Scherzer. I don't like to extend pitchers unless they're absolutely elite.

As for A-Gonz, are the other big boppers at 1B being kept? If there are going to be some available, would it cost more than $42 to get them? If they're not available or they would cost more than $42, keep A-Gonz. I would also keep Cuddyer.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Agree with Erik, Cuddyer and I would add Johnson...why does the man get no love?
      I would extend Kershaw at least one, probably even 2 years at that price. Scherzer too. I think he will be among the elite soon enough.

Comment

Big boppers usually go for 50+. Without Gonzalez's shoulder injury, it would be a no brainer.

Originally posted by Erik View Post
        I would extend Kershaw one year. On the fence about Scherzer. I don't like to extend pitchers unless they're absolutely elite.

As for A-Gonz, are the other big boppers at 1B being kept? If there are going to be some available, would it cost more than $42 to get them? If they're not available or they would cost more than $42, keep A-Gonz. I would also keep Cuddyer.

Comment

I'd keep kj and Vmart and extend both pitchers, max gets enough k's for me to feel comfortable with him at 6

Comment

You will regret it later if you do not extend Kershaw 2 years and Scherzer 1.

Given your inflation I would keep Martinez (hard position at value without inflation) no raise and then probably Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              You will regret it later if you do not extend Kershaw 2 years and Scherzer 1.

Given your inflation I would keep Martinez (hard position at value without inflation) no raise and then probably Johnson.
              One thing on vmart, we only use 1 catcher. My vote would be KJ and Cuddyer.

Comment

I agree with extending Kershaw. I've got the huge man crush on him but I expect a big year from the guy to push him up to the elite of the NL.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                  One thing on vmart, we only use 1 catcher. My vote would be KJ and Cuddyer.
                  So wouldn't one catcher be even more reason to keep vmart?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    So wouldn't one catcher be even more reason to keep vmart?
                    Well we only need 18 total catchers, there is a huge gap between the good and the bad, but it is the only position where there is always a starter on the WW so you can also go cheap and still get production.

Comment

I agree with this, and the lack of love for Niese. The question mark to me is Adrian Gonzalez. It's a nice chunk of change, but *if* healthy, there could be value there.

Originally posted by frae View Post
                      Well we only need 18 total catchers, there is a huge gap between the good and the bad, but it is the only position where there is always a starter on the WW so you can also go cheap and still get production.

Comment

If only 1 catcher then I'd keep kj and Gonzales if gonzo is healthy

Comment

Working...
                        X