10-team AL 5x5 Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10-team AL 5x5 Keepers

I can keep 10. I posted this on the old board in Jan but it hasn't been moved over and we may have to submit keepers on short notice.

C Napoli 13
    1B Konerko 12
    2B Beckham T
    EE 6
    Pennington 6
    Haren 10
    Braden 2
    Rzepcyznski 1
    Valverde 14
    Rodney 4
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Fox 2
    Smoak 10
    S.Sizemore 10
    Francoeur 10
    Capps 10

I like Fox as a sleeper but should be able to get him for $1 or as a reserve. Ditto for Rzep. I like Capps but closers go for less than $20 in this league and with Valverde and Rodney I'm probably better off going after Downs/Jepsen.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by virgonomic; 02-26-2011, 03:22 PM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

If any of your opponents are Shandler acolytes, you're not going to get Rzep back for a buck. I'd take a chance on him as a keeper; if he bombs out in ST and loses the 5th SP slot, you can cut him for a good MR and not lose much. I don't like Smoak in Seattle at all, but others mileage varies.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      If any of your opponents are Shandler acolytes, you're not going to get Rzep back for a buck. I'd take a chance on him as a keeper; if he bombs out in ST and loses the 5th SP slot, you can cut him for a good MR and not lose much. I don't like Smoak in Seattle at all, but others mileage varies.
      We all grew up 2h east of Toronto so there probably won't be any Jays sleepers.

Comment

I agree. I'd keep Rzep, probably instead of Pennington (unless you plan on drafting Nap Lajoie to offset his batting average).

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
          I agree. I'd keep Rzep, probably instead of Pennington (unless you plan on drafting Nap Lajoie to offset his batting average).
          Are there 10 better ss in the a.l. then pennington? The guy should give you close to 30 bags?

Comment

My first thought, Is there a market to trade Capps?

Pennington will get you some steals but otherwise is pretty empty. I'd rather take a shot at Nishioka

Rzep $1 isn't going to come any cheaper in the auction, so if you want him, just keep him

Comment

I would keep Rzep and go into the draft with 9.

I don't have any issues with Pennington at $6 in an AL-only.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Does EE $6 make the cut? He was so frustrating and inconsistent last year that I wrote him off. So of course, I received a trade offer for him today:

Callaspo 6 / Cecil 10 / Cust 3 / Escobar 10 / Flowers 1 / Francisco 13 / AJackson 17 / Kotchman 9
                for
                EE 6 / Haren 10 / Pennington 6

I can only keep 4 of those guys. While all have their merits, I think Escobar, Cecil, Callaspo and Francisco are the top 4.
                I don't really need Francisco and I think I lose by trading Haren. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                  Does EE $6 make the cut? He was so frustrating and inconsistent last year that I wrote him off. So of course, I received a trade offer for him today:

Callaspo 6 / Cecil 10 / Cust 3 / Escobar 10 / Flowers 1 / Francisco 13 / AJackson 17 / Kotchman 9
                  for

I can only keep 4 of those guys. While all have their merits, I think Escobar, Cecil, Callaspo and Francisco are the top 4.
                  I don't like this deal. He's throwing numbers of average players at you and unless you're going to turn around and flip them, it does you no good. Essencially, it's Escobar, Cecil, Callaspo, and Francisco for EE, Haren, and Pennington. You're giving the best players in the deal across the board. Escobar is more money than Pennington and unless something changes, won't earn much profit. Cecil I like but he isn't close to the pitcher Haren is and costs the same. Callaspo is just a one category (Avg) guy, EE will our earn him even with the inconsistency. Francisco isn't assured the closer job even though he may have the most talent.

My opinion is you lose in this deal

Comment

for

That deal only makes sense if you have room to keep all those guys, which you don't.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush View Post
                      I don't like this deal. He's throwing numbers of average players at you and unless you're going to turn around and flip them, it does you no good. Essencially, it's Escobar, Cecil, Callaspo, and Francisco for EE, Haren, and Pennington. You're giving the best players in the deal across the board. Escobar is more money than Pennington and unless something changes, won't earn much profit. Cecil I like but he isn't close to the pitcher Haren is and costs the same. Callaspo is just a one category (Avg) guy, EE will our earn him even with the inconsistency. Francisco isn't assured the closer job even though he may have the most talent.

His other options are:

Getz 4
                      Bautista 3
                      Delmon 9
                      Hamilton 21
                      Ellis 5
                      Feliz 7
                      Gregg 4
                      League 6
                      Masterson 6
                      Pavano 1
                      Scherzer 12

I tried to get Hamilton and Pavano last year but he wouldn't let them go. Looks like he's just trying to upgrade. Wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Comment

You aren't missing anything. He has quantity and he's throwing that out there to try and gain quality.

He'd have to up his offer quite a bit to make this a good deal for you. Jose Bautista $3 would be a great start, but I'm guessing that would be a deal killer.

Comment

for

Another vote for not doing that trade. Haren is the best player in that deal and you're not getting back anyone close to his value. I'd take those 3 in along with Rzep at $1 if it looks like he's got a spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush View Post

What he said. If I were dealing Haren at 10, I'd require front-line hitting at a reasonable price. This doesn't do it.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                            X