Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with Josh Johnson?

Hi Guys,

New to the forum here so forgive if something about my post breaches protocol. What are you guys doing with Josh Johnson? I bought in big time this season and his peripherals before last night (.430 BABIP, Good K/BB, lots of singles and not XB-hits) were encouraging.

But then 6 ER to the Padres? What's your read on him?

I've been offered Garza for him straight up in a 10-team roto league and am seriously considering it. My staff is Verlander, Strasburg, JJ, Wainwright, Scherzer, Bedard. It's 10-team so I can also stream some starters.

Should I make the move here? We count QS, W and K/9. Any input appreciated.

Right now, I'd take Garza for him in a heartbeat. Garza won't get you a lot of wins, but he'll be a K/9 monster and get you a lot of QS.

Johnson might come around, but for a quality arm like Garza, I wouldn't take that risk any more.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I agree with Chance...at this point it's kind of an easy choice for me. Garza is a horse, and JJ is, well, a thoroughbred that's constantly getting dinged up. I've said it before and keep getting it confirmed...any injury where a pitcher decides to take care of with R&R (rest and rehabilitation) generally doesn't work out too well. Just my opinion...

BTW, welcome to the forum...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Agree, make the deal...plus Garza has a decent change of getting traded to a contender.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Thanks a lot, guys. I've made the deal and am feeling better about my staff with Verlander, Strasburg, Garza, Wainwright, Scherzer, Bedard.

Are these kinds of questions (lineups, trade opinions, pickups) fair game for this forum? Or is it directed at other things? Really appreciate the good advice. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by dfree86 View Post
            Thanks a lot, guys. I've made the deal and am feeling better about my staff with Verlander, Strasburg, Garza, Wainwright, Scherzer, Bedard.

Are these kinds of questions (lineups, trade opinions, pickups) fair game for this forum? Or is it directed at other things? Really appreciate the good advice. Cheers!
            Questions about your own team usually go into the Assistant GM forum. If this was just a Josh Johnson thread, it would usually belong here. Welcome aboard.

Comment

And here's your Uh-Oh moment...

SAN DIEGO -- You couldn't tell by Ozzie Guillen's demeanor that the Marlins had just posted their fourth consecutive win, a 9-8 victory over the Padres in 12 innings. He sounded exasperated after poor outings by Josh Johnson and Heath Bell.

"I just wonder if he not feeling good," Guillen wondered aloud of Johnson, who was knocked out in the third inning after giving up six runs to the low-scoring Padres and squandering a 5-0 lead. "He says he feels good, but his stuff is not there. A lot of bad pitches. I think right now what is killing him is he does not have any command with his pitches."

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_...#storylink=cpy
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

after seeing him give up a triple to the pitcher last night (i know Stanton missed the ball), im ready to drop him for James McDonald, heh.

his stuff looked fine. he threw 92-93 and hit 94 once. he had sink on his 86mph stuff. so he can't hit 97 anymore (not sure if he used to). he just didn't look like a smart pitcher, he looked like a dumb thrower. which doesn't help me much since i also have Latos. but he didn't look injured to me. although his sinking stuff was constantly low and not in the bottom part of the strike zone. and when he got in trouble he kept trying to throw gas.

Garza's a good swap tho. i do think JJ he'll get better as the season goes on. and then he'll get injured. also, i like Stanton, but his gimpy fielding in RF isn't gonna help either.

Comment

heck i'd trade him for Jason Vargas. that guy looks like a general walking around and twisting on the mound like that. does he have a nickname? i think that would be a good one for him.

i got the mlb tv thing this year.

it's fun to watch the redsox with bobby v lose. ..bringing in Vicente Padilla in the 7th last night in a 1 run game. baaha
                  Last edited by ; 05-05-2012, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X