No announcement yet.

Bobby Abreu -- What's Left In The Tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby Abreu -- What's Left In The Tank?

I don't follow the AL much, so I'm not up on Bobby Abreu. Does he have much left in the tank? He stole 20 bases last year, so that holds appeal. But that was over 500-600 PA I believe. He would presumably see less now if he lands in LA (with the Dodgers).

What should we expect from Abreu?

Fumes.

Comment

Sand.

Comment

Magic

Comment

Jon Heyman on CBSSports.com reports that the Dodgers have agreed to terms with Bobby Abreu.
          A deal was reportedly close Wednesday evening, and now it appears it's finally done. As Heyman notes, Abreu will be a "bat off the bench and part-time outfielder" for the first-place Dodgers. It will be hard for him to churn out much fantasy value in that role, but he's worthy of scooping up in NL-only leagues.
          Source: Jon Heyman on Twitter May 4 - 9:33 AM

Comment

Looks like that sinks Jerry Sands....again.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Looks like that sinks Jerry Sands....again.
              Sands is struggling mightily in AAA so he wasn't on the verge of being called up anytime soon. He stills projects as the future left fielder, but he might not get his chance until next year assuming he straightens himself out.

I'm guessing Abreu gets most of the starts in LF initially, with Rivera starting against lefties and Gwynn back to his 5th outfielder role. If Abreu starts off hot then he could keep the gig all year, but if he's toast then it'll be back to Rivera/Gwynn or some sort of trade (or Scott Van Slyke if they're feeling lucky). Basically, they're trying to catch lightning in a bottle like they did with Rivera last year, Marlon Anderson a handful of years ago, etc.

Comment

I'm thinking this is really going to cut into Kemp's AB's.
                Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

I'd like to see the Dodgers bring up Van Slyke. Viewing his 2012 stats, he is hitting .333 at home and .344 on the road.
                  Sands .325 at home and .188 on the road. Heck, Sands is hitting 6th at Albquerque behind Trent Oeltjen.

Comment

Working...
                  X