Relief Pitching Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relief Pitching Help

I am new to fantasy baseball this year & I'm looking for advice. My league is a head to head, non-keeper, draft league. We start 5 starters & 2 relievers. The point system is:
    -1 per BB, HA, ER, HB
    3 per each inning
    .5 per strikeout
    -5 per loss
    3 per QS
    7 per save or win

My starting rotation currently consists of Halladay, Billingsly, Kennedy, Bumgardner, Zimmerman, and Duffy.

My Bullpen consists of League & Nathan. I've been less then enamored with Nathan's start to the season, and I'm thinking of dropping him for a starter with relief eligibility. For example, Anthony Bass & Cory Luebke are both sitting out there on the WW & each have 2 starts this week. Is it a smart strategy to start League & one of these two starters who have RP eligibility, or should I stick with 2 closers?

Thanks!

Originally posted by jdh2 View Post
    I am new to fantasy baseball this year & I'm looking for advice. My league is a head to head, non-keeper, draft league. We start 5 starters & 2 relievers. The point system is:
    -1 per BB, HA, ER, HB
    3 per each inning
    .5 per strikeout
    -5 per loss
    3 per QS
    7 per save or win

My starting rotation currently consists of Halladay, Billingsly, Kennedy, Bumgardner, Zimmerman, and Duffy.

My Bullpen consists of League & Nathan. I've been less then enamored with Nathan's start to the season, and I'm thinking of dropping him for a starter with relief eligibility. For example, Anthony Bass & Cory Luebke are both sitting out there on the WW & each have 2 starts this week. Is it a smart strategy to start League & one of these two starters who have RP eligibility, or should I stick with 2 closers?

Thanks!
    How many teams in your league? Regardless, I would probably drop Duffy for Luebke in a non-keeper league. I would also stick with two closers most days. If you have daily changes you might max out your innings on days where sitting a closer would give you an extra start. Otherwise I would stick with two closers since saves are worth so much and easier to get than wins.

Comment

I appreciate the advice...I'm a newby just trying to figure things out. This is a 10-team league, and we make weekly changes. So far my closers, must be underperforming...especially Nathan. My thinking was that a starting pitcher w/ 2 starts in a week would rack up innings, strikeouts, etc. at a better rate then a 1-inning closer...

Comment

Yea, if you get 3 pts per IP than it is definitely advisable to start SPs as much as possible in your RP slot. Luebke is a definite pick-up. At the same time, a RP can get 3-4 SVs in a week so I'd probably hold on to Nathan and plug him in when you Luebke doesn't have a good match-up. Duffy looked great but he'll more than likely be inconsistent this year.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

One final question...No doubt at this point that I'm gonna pickup Luebke.

My question involves my two closers. Should I be skiddish about Nathan going forward? Jim Johnson, the Orioles closer is available. Is it advisable to drop Nathan for Johnson, or is it still too early to tell?

Comment

I'd definitely grab Luebke and drop Duffy, and keep Nathan.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              I'd definitely grab Luebke and drop Duffy, and keep Nathan.
              Agree that you should keep Nathan but if you have a bench spot for Jim Johnson I would grab him.

Comment

Working...
              X