Marlon Byrd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlon Byrd

Despite venting from time to time, I'm pretty even keel about performances early in the season. That said, Marlon Byrd has me worried. The Cubs supposedly want to trade him, and he is stinking it up. I picked him up at auction because he was one of few "regulars" remaining. But so far he has offered regular mediocrity (or worse). Anyone have a read on the situation? I figure he can't be this bad forever, so maybe I stand pat. Not sure I could move him for anything at this point anyway.

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
    Despite venting from time to time, I'm pretty even keel about performances early in the season. That said, Marlon Byrd has me worried. The Cubs supposedly want to trade him, and he is stinking it up. I picked him up at auction because he was one of few "regulars" remaining. But so far he has offered regular mediocrity (or worse). Anyone have a read on the situation? I figure he can't be this bad forever, so maybe I stand pat. Not sure I could move him for anything at this point anyway.
    I drafted him for the same reason...one of the last "regulars" left. I did not really want him and figured unless he came out red hot, he would be replaced by Brett Jackson before too long. I managed to ship him off for Alex Gonzalez this week, which was fine by me, considering I have enough studs to help mitigate the OBP disaster that is Gonzalez. I just don't think he's very good anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
      He's pretty much always been fairly mediocre except for one decent season in Texas when almost all of his home runs came at home. The Cubs have made no secret about the fact that they'd love to deal him, but they obviously can't find a taker and don't want to try to showcase him. Not sure there's any value here -- he can give you a decent BA but he has very little pop and almost no speed.

Comment

He was passable in recent years because he hit near the top of the order, a lot of batting 3rd the last 2 years iirc. He's consistently been in the 8 hole the first few games so his usual mediocre performance looks even worse because he's not getting PA's AND he's not getting pitches to hit batting in front of the pitcher instead of batting in front of A Ram.

Comment

Working...
        X