Damon to the Indians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damon to the Indians

All the little chicks with the crimson lips go Damon rocks! Damon rocks!

"The Indians will sign Johnny Damon, reports Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports (on Twitter). Terms of the deal are unknown. We heard that the Scott Boras client would sign by May earlier this month.

Damon, 38, figures to step into Cleveland's left field situation as soon as he's ready to join the team. Shelley Duncan has started all five of the Indians' games in left, but he's best deployed as the right-handed half of a platoon. A fit between the Tribe and Damon seemed natural for most of the offseason."

Damon wants a clause that allows him to opt out of his contract once Grady is healthy, fairly sure that's the hold-up

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      All the little chicks with the crimson lips go Damon rocks! Damon rocks!

"The Indians will sign Johnny Damon, reports Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports (on Twitter). Terms of the deal are unknown. We heard that the Scott Boras client would sign by May earlier this month.

Damon, 38, figures to step into Cleveland's left field situation as soon as he's ready to join the team. Shelley Duncan has started all five of the Indians' games in left, but he's best deployed as the right-handed half of a platoon. A fit between the Tribe and Damon seemed natural for most of the offseason."
      Nice call on the "Cleveland Rocks" reference...

Comment

While I think it's ridiculous at this point for Damon to make any demands, why not give him that one? Are there really going to be other options for him, and if there is, if Sizemore is back it sort of work for both sides. Maybe make the clause say Sizemore has to play in 10 games without going back on the DL before the clause kicks in.
        Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

How many minutes into his press conference, if damon signs with cleveland, does he speak of how he has always wanted to play in cleveland and the indians have the best fans.

I put the over under at 3 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
            While I think it's ridiculous at this point for Damon to make any demands, why not give him that one? Are there really going to be other options for him, and if there is, if Sizemore is back it sort of work for both sides. Maybe make the clause say Sizemore has to play in 10 games without going back on the DL before the clause kicks in.
            My guess is it's the language that needs ironed out, I think the language you detailed makes sense for both sides. The Indians still can't find a decent right handed bat on the market, but they desperately need a better option in left...even if it comes with Damon's noodle arm. Assuming this works out I'm guessing this is bad news for the struggling Brantley (and good news for his owners as he can be moved to the bench or the wire), he's going to tumble down the batting order until he starts hitting. Damon-Asdrubal-Choo-Santana-Hafner isn't too terrible, but they really need Kipnis or Brantley to step up.

Comment

Damon has been activated today.

Any predictions for how he'll do this year? I'm faced with cutting one of Damon, Infante, Thornton, or Reed. I think Infante normally would have been the choice but I hate to drop him until he turns back into Infante.
              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

He'll do better than Ellsbury has so far.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

From rotoworld--

"Johnny Damon left Wednesday's game due to "general cramping."

Well, OK then. We can't imagine it's more than a day-to-day thing, so hopefully Damon will be back out there Thursday night. He was 0-for-3 with a walk and a strikeout in his Indians debut before exiting. "

Take a freakin' Midol and get back out there, "Cavewoman".
                  Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                  -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                    From rotoworld--

"Johnny Damon left Wednesday's game due to "general cramping."

Well, OK then. We can't imagine it's more than a day-to-day thing, so hopefully Damon will be back out there Thursday night. He was 0-for-3 with a walk and a strikeout in his Indians debut before exiting. "

Take a freakin' Midol and get back out there, "Cavewoman".
                    Did anyone see his throw from LF on a single last night, just terrible?

Comment

Working...
                    X