Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just flew in from LV, and boy is my liver tired (AL only HDID)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just flew in from LV, and boy is my liver tired (AL only HDID)

AL 4x4, $260, classic keeper rules, 9 teams (after team 10 flaked out) - 19TH season

just dragged my liver home from 7 days in las vegas (and a friday draft at the mandalay bay sports book) and sitting down to look at the results.

as the defending league champ, i had a solid keeper core coming into the season and felt that i needed a few well placed purchases to be in position to defend the belt.

with three closers and two SP studs on the cheap, my intent was to pick up one top tier SP. available SPs (with actual auction prices): JV($32), weaver($23), felix($30), price($26), lester($26), wilson($19). felix/price were my top two targets. my feeling was (correctly) that with 4-5 teams dominating the closers on the keeper market, the rest of the league would overspend on MRs and i could scoop up another SP or two late in the draft for $1-2.

on offense, since i elected to keep smoak (hey, i like the guy) and locked myself out of an unprecedented bumper crop of corners (trumbo went for $1), my intent was to lock up two of the top available OFs w/reasonable power/speed at a combined $50, and spend the remaining ~$7 on 2OF, SS, C. on this, i failed miserably. available OFs (waap): choo($25), zobrist($25), swisher($20), kendrick($23), crawford($29), BJ($28), cruz($27), gordon($24), ichiro($22).

this is the position where i feel that i dropped the ball a bit. my most viable candidates going into the draft were choo/zobrist/upton/gordon, and i felt that 2 of them for $50 was within reason. and it was, apparently, but i must have been asleep at the wheel, as i let several of them go before i was faced with only gordon/upton left available with another owner with sufficient funds to bid me up on either. he and i split the difference on those two, despite a failed attempt to collude and keep the respective prices down. i'd like to blame the deviation from plan on the several buckets of beer & shots, but that's a lame excuse.

otherwise, i was quite pleased with the bargain pickups, and was able to stash a few injured players away to continue the dynasty building process. i was particularly pleased that harrison fell through the cracks and i was able to use him in the soria slot for the duration of this season.

* = keeper
    ( ) = replacement for injured player

C - salty* $1
    C - vmart $3 (donaldson)
    1B- smoak* $1
    3B- beltre* $15
    CI- moustakas* $6
    2B- kinsler* $30
    SS- plouffe $1
    MI- pedroia* $26
    DH- butler* $15
    OF- ellsbury* $29
    OF- upton $28
    OF- bourjos $13
    OF- de aza $6
    OF- viciedo $5
    -------
    P - shields* $5
    P - moore* $10
    P - price $26
    P - b.anderson $1 (colon)
    P - de los santos $1
    P - soria $1 (harrison)
    P - walden* $23
    P - farnsworth* $1
    P - perez* $11

a cursory porjection has me finishing in 2nd place, finishing a bit light on power (4pts in RBI, 6pts in HR). hoping to translate some speed into production in trade. not where i intended to be coming out of this draft in the power cats, but i have a solid group to work with, IMO.
    One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Rutschman 22 JRamirez 40 Dezenzo 5 Lewis 6 Semien 26 Torres 20 Hamilton 10 Tucker 42 Cowser 1 Meadows 5 Holliday 17 Andujar 10 Robert 28 P Lopez 8 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10 McArthur 1 Miller 6 Crochet 10 Crawford 1

Very nice offense, even with the hole at SS. I like your pitchers a lot too, assuming that Farnsy gives you something later in the season. It will be tough to trade speed since your speed guys are really good, but maybe Bourjos for a power guy would work.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      Maybe flip Ellsbury for an elite power bat?
      so much for that plan!!!
      One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Rutschman 22 JRamirez 40 Dezenzo 5 Lewis 6 Semien 26 Torres 20 Hamilton 10 Tucker 42 Cowser 1 Meadows 5 Holliday 17 Andujar 10 Robert 28 P Lopez 8 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10 McArthur 1 Miller 6 Crochet 10 Crawford 1

Comment

Working...
      X