Deep league OF.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep league OF.

I need OF depth for my 10 team AL only league. We play 4 OF, so there is no one on WW who has a job this year and had 250 PA last year. Who new or in AAA is likely to get to the plate regularly?
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Andy Dirks for the Tigers should see enough PT to push 300 PA's this year.

Comment

Maybe Ryan Kalish?
      Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Who would the early call ups be? I was thinking perhaps Leonys Martin.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

J
          Unless there is an injury, probably not until Sept.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            Unless there is an injury, probably not until Sept.
            That's not a very big condition with Texas.

BTW Kalish has been moved to the 60 day DL

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

He was first on my list. Given the injury history of Hamilton, and combine that with potentially weak play from the Murphy/Gentry combo, and Martin's talent, and I think he forces his way into the lineup by the AS break.

Brandon Guyer would be next on my hit parade - I know Jason is positive on Keppinger at 2B, but I'm less so, and suspect Zobrist will play more at 2B than OF, which will open up time for Guyer.

Jason Donald isn't in the minors, but if he's available, I'd get him, too. He's only 2B eligible now, but the Indians played him in the OF to get him more ABs.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Brandon Guyer would be next on my hit parade - I know Jason is positive on Keppinger at 2B, but I'm less so, and suspect Zobrist will play more at 2B than OF, which will open up time for Guyer.
                Guyer is an interesting name, some minor league success, never really had a shot in the majors. Should be able to get him cheap, does he get enough PT to earn a buck or two?

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  He was first on my list. Given the injury history of Hamilton, and combine that with potentially weak play from the Murphy/Gentry combo, and Martin's talent, and I think he forces his way into the lineup by the AS break.
                  I really hope you are right. I have him stashed on my reserve roster.

Comment

I need OF depth for my 10 team AL only league. We play 4 OF, so there is no one on WW who has a job this year and had 250 PA last year. Who new or in AAA is likely to get to the plate regularly?
                    I like Leonys Martin, but Washinton said he wants him to spend quite a bit of the season at AAA. I think you may see Borbon come up if there is a need early on, but Martin is the future CF for them. He'd have to be really tearing the cover off the ball the first month or so to get the call ahead of Borbon imo

Dirks is a good one, I have him

I don't know if you can get Damon, but I think he'll probably be with an AL team within a month or so of the start of the season

Gentry for SB if he's available

Carlos Peguero SEA (pop) AAA

Guyer TB AAA

Travon Robinson SEA (Sb's and some pop) AAA

Derrick Robinson KC (Sb's) AAA

I have a feeling that most of these guys may be taken in your league

Comment

I drafted Gentry and Borbon, so that is the starting point. Damon is owned. Guyer and Martin are not. It may be moot. Some idiot just dumped Ryan Sweeney, who would buy me a month at least. I am #3 in the pecking order.

If that falls through, how do you feel about Plouffe?

J
                      Last edited by onejayhawk; 04-06-2012, 06:27 AM.
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Go get Plouffe after Sweeney. I didn't think of him since he doesn't qualify for OF yet in most leagues.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Fine, landed Sweeney, and dumped Gentry for Plouffe. With Gardner already in the OF, ST are not a critical item. Plouffe covers back up 2B, SS, MI, and OF. I can afford to move Alexei Ramirez if I can get a decent offer.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                          X