Rate my NL Only team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate my NL Only team

12 team NL only redraft auction league, 5x5 with OBP instead of AVG, only one catcher.

Strategy: 170/90 hitting/pitching split. Looking at the dreck low-end hitting in the NL, our goal was to spread risk and roster as many as possible b/w $10-25, focusing on building a great OF. Of course, we've now got OF-eligible guys at 1B, CI, SS and UT as well. For pitching, we wanted two closers for $25 or under, a high-K set up guy for a buck, and starting pitching at around $22/18/12/8/2. We stuck to our strategy pretty well, rostering almost nobody for three auction rounds, although we ultimately had to bid a buck or two over value to get some of our better talent.

C Mesoraco 2
    1B Morse 23
    2B Altuve 10
    3B Rolen 5
    SS Bonifacio 20
    CI C.Lee 17
    MI Infante 3
    OF Pence 27
    OF Hart 25
    OF Morgan 16
    OF JD Martinez 10
    OF Heisey 10
    UT Bloomquist 1

P Bumgarner 26
    P Latos 19
    P Capuano 9
    P Nolasco 6
    P Nicasio 3
    P Maholm 2
    P Hanrahan 13
    P Myers 11
    P D.Hernandez 1

Solid team for a 12-teamer. I'd look to move a speed guy or even two after a month or two to fill in whatever holes become apparent.

Comment

My first thought is why did Hanrahan go so cheap? Followed by; if that is the going rate of closers couldn't you have done better than Meyers as your second one? I still like your pitching, but was curious about Meyers.

Looking at your offense I am not sure you really spread the risk. Seems like some potential playing time issues in your OF. On the bright side you have plenty of speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        My first thought is why did Hanrahan go so cheap? Followed by; if that is the going rate of closers couldn't you have done better than Meyers as your second one? I still like your pitching, but was curious about Meyers.

Looking at your offense I am not sure you really spread the risk. Seems like some potential playing time issues in your OF. On the bright side you have plenty of speed.
        Hanrahan went too cheap, IMO, but yeah, looking back there were other closers I'd have rostered at their final prices before Myers, like Street at $10.

Kimbrel 26
        Axford 21
        Papelbon 20
        Madson 19
        Bell 17
        Wilson 17
        Putz 16
        Marmol 15
        Betancourt 14
        Motte 14
        Storen 13
        Hanrahan 13
        Francisco 12
        Myers 11
        Street 10
        Guerra 6

Comment

Yep you got a great deal in Hanrahan.

I am surprised to see Marmol go that close to Wilson and Bell. As a Cubs fan I hope he figures it out, but I do not have confidence he will.

Comment

HR and RBI's could be a big problem.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
            X