Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AL Only 5x5 Auction - crappy SP or good MR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL Only 5x5 Auction - crappy SP or good MR?

I have $1 left in our slow auction for a pitcher. Current staff is SP Sabathia, Masterson, Tomlin, Iwakuma, Duffy, Paulino and CL Soria, Thornton. Remaining possibilities are

SP Hammel, Millwood, Lowe, Wada, Blackburn, Marquis, J. Williams, Cook, Richards

MR Broxton, Devine, Sipp, Soriano, Benoit, Cordero, Lindstrom, Downs, Uehara, Gregg, Kuo, Ruffin plus some lesser lights.

My SP have a lot of question marks so I am thinking it would be better to lock up some innings with Hammel or maybe go for strikeouts with J. Williams or Richards. The other SP are pretty ugly. Or I could go with a decent MR to help with ratios and possibly pick up saves.

If anyone wants to rank the top 4 or 5 candidates I'd appreciate it, since there is no guarantee I'll get the top choice. Right now I am probably leaning Hammel, Devine, Benoit, Richards, Broxton or so.

(This is a $5 increase keeper league. There will be a 7 round reserve draft following the auction.)

Jerome Williams is the only SP I'd even think about taking a chance on out of that group. I'd probably pick up Devine or Lindstrom ahead of him; both have a decent shot at saves.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I think that I'd go with Wada on the SP side (or Richards because of upside, but he might start the year in AAA) or Benoit on the RP side (although several of the others are also ok choices). Since you draft reserves, I'd go SP since there are always decent RP in the free agent pool, but very few SP.
      Last edited by Ryno84MVP; 03-14-2012, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Benoit went before me. I was debating between Devine and Richards and went with Richards since my team is on the fringes of competing this year and I don't have a lot of potential keepers. Of course someone may outbid me in which case it is back to square one.

Comment

Yeh, I'd go Williams and then maybe Wada, but after that I don't think I'd take any of the pitchers as they will hurt more than help.

After those 2 I'd move to the bullpen. Since Benoit is gone I'd go with Uehara then maybe Soriano and hope for a bounce back

Comment

Working...
          X