Lawrie or C. Santana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawrie or C. Santana

Who would be a better fantasy player for this year and next year?
    Lawrie
    0%
    C. Santana
    0%

In general or relative value to players at their position? I think Lawrie will have better counting stats when all is said and done but hard not to take the stud catcher. Thus, I voted Santana but for this reason alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
      In general or relative value to players at their position? I think Lawrie will have better counting stats when all is said and done but hard not to take the stud catcher. Thus, I voted Santana but for this reason alone.
      Ditto

Comment

I think it is Santana without question. I think Lawrie is a little overrated.

Comment

ZiPS:

Lawrie: .275/.333/.498 (.362 wOBA). Roto: .275, 27 HR, 90 R, 79 RBI, 24 SB over 659 PA ($42 in shallow mixed format)

Carlos Santana: .246/.361/.449 (.353 wOBA). Roto: .246, 22 HR, 80 R, 78 RBI, 6 SB over 607 PA ($30 in shallow mixed format)

Santana's forecast probably comes with more reliability because he's already broken into the majors, but according to ZiPS, Lawrie clearly has more upside.

Santana is definitely the safer pick, but in shallow formats, I think upside > conservation

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
            I think it is Santana without question. I think Lawrie is a little overrated.
            Well the fact that he is 11 for 19 with 5 doubles, 8 RBIs and 3 SBs already may have something to do with that. I get we're dealing with small sample sizes between last and year and ST but he's done nothing against big league pitching to suggest this is an illusion thus far.

Comment

Tough call...makes me happy to know that I already own both in an AL-only league for the next couple of years for $15

Comment

Working...
              X