***MOCK 1 DRAFT thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15.12 Carl Pavano SP

Low k's good win total last year. Better to start the season than another 17 game winner. Hoping for similar numbers.

Really wanted Chris Johnson or Justin Smoak here. Should have known Revo would have sniped CJ from me. Smoak almost made it to me.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• 15.13 Mitch Moreland, CI, Tex

sent from phone unable to pm next picker.pI

Comment

• 15.14 Derek Lowe, SP, Atlanta

Not one, not two, but three guys all PM'd me. Way to go!
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

• 15.15 - Koji Uehara - RP

Was hoping Smoak might be here for me, but alas, my offense is going to totally suck!!!
          "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
          - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
          - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• 15.16 Jed Lowrie, MI, BOS
            Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

• Uehara was creeping up to the top of my list. I guess I'll change gears and take the NL Pavano.

15.17 RA Dickey, SP NYM

Comment

• 15.18 Alexi Castilla

Comment

• 15.19 Hong-Chih Kuo, RP

Comment

• 15.20 Brian Duensing P, Minnesota

Had to get one of my Twins here, before they're all gone. I think that Duensing is the real deal, not many K's, but good ratios.

16.01 Alberto Callaspo CI, LA Angels

Decidedly unsexy pick, not much power, not much speed, but a decent BA.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• 16.02 Bronson Arroyo, SP

Comment

• 16.03 Kyle Farnsworth

Oakland took both my picks... I took the wrong guy before the turn.

Comment

• 16.04 Brandon League, RP SEA

I was planning to join the RP derby on this turn anyway, but I wasn't expecting us to be so deep into it already.

Comment

• 16.05 Daric Barton, CI, OAK
                            Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

• 16.06 - Eric Young - 2B
                              "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                              - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                              - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Time to take a big gamble--

16.07 Cameron Maybin, OF, San Diego
                                Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                                -- William James

Comment

Working...
                                X