2K12: Chase Utley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K12: Chase Utley

I just ahd Chase Utley fall to me well past #100. I took him even though I own Cano. Is there a reason he dropped this far of which I am unaware? What do you look for from him this season?

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

His knees seem like they're shot, robbing him of his power. He's still an excellent base runner and will pick his spots to grab 15 stolen bases or so. I'd hope for 145 games, .280/15/15 as a Phillies fan. As a roto player, I'm paying for 130 games, .265/12/15.

Comment

I think the panning on Utley is a little much and still see 20/15 out of him. Combine that with his good on base skills and he is still 5th or 6th in MLB 2B.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

It's just really hard to trust him. He's a smart guy so he should still be able to steal 10-12 bags, but his wheels are shot, which limits his upside in SBs and also his AVG. He could easily miss 30-40 games again. The Phils' lineup is still pretty good but it's not great. I do think his BABIP comes back a little bit, but I wouldn't pay for more than .275-17-75-65r-12sb or so.

Where will he hit in the lineup? Maybe more runs and less RBis.

Comment

2-3 rounds after his ADP seems like a good place to me.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Entirely depends on the league. I'm buying at his adp in shallower leagues because I can find a quality replacement when he's on the shelf. Deeper or only leagues is tougher. I'd need to find room for another 2B somewhere on my roster and I hate limiting myself this early in the draft/auction. Wouldn't fault someone for doing it 2-3 rounds lower than his adp, I'd probably do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              Where will he hit in the lineup?
              Almost definitely third until Howard comes back. After that, depends on how he's doing.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
              X