2K12: Alex Rios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K12: Alex Rios

The enigma. Had a great September though. 20/20 upside late in the draft but I don't know about taking the bait again.

Thoughts?
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Ugh no. I was burned really bad last year and he was the catalyst of my 2 year winning run ending. I really thought he had turned it around.

Now if I can take him as a backup and do a wait and see maybe. Even then I better be playing Russian Roulette.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

it amazes me that the White Sox got saddled with the epically horrendous years of Rios AND Adam Dunn in the same season.

The good news with Rios is:
      a) he's kind of durable, in that he's played in 140+ games since becoming a regular in '05.
      b) he was the victim of a terribly low BABIP in '11 (.237) that is bound to improve

The bad news is he's now on the wrong side of 30, and he's had two bad seasons in the last 3 years.

I would not bet on a repeat of 2007, but I also would not bet on a repeat of last year either. How about somewhere in between?

.275/15/70/20

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        it amazes me that the White Sox got saddled with the epically horrendous years of Rios AND Adam Dunn in the same season.

The good news with Rios is:
        a) he's kind of durable, in that he's played in 140+ games since becoming a regular in '05.
        b) he was the victim of a terribly low BABIP in '11 (.237) that is bound to improve

The bad news is he's now on the wrong side of 30, and he's had two bad seasons in the last 3 years.

I would not bet on a repeat of 2007, but I also would not bet on a repeat of last year either. How about somewhere in between?

.275/15/70/20
        If the Sox or any Fantasy owner got those stats they would be doing the dance of joy! I just don't see it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          If the Sox or any Fantasy owner got those stats they would be doing the dance of joy! I just don't see it happening.
          Unfortunately, you're probably right.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Unfortunately, you're probably right.
            If Dunn has already been brought out Rios will be my throw out when it is my turn at the auction.

Comment

He makes a lot of contact, and his contact rate is actually trending up. But it looks like he had a big dropoff in hard contact last year (Shandler doesn't specifically list it, but xPX is supposedly based on it, and Rios' xPX was horrible last year) and I wonder if he's making too much contact at this point instead of being selective. He might also be turning into a platoon player who can really only hit lefties. The speed was down last year too, but I wonder if that's just a problem of opportunity. I'd be scared to pay for anything more than .265-15-15 at this point.

Comment

I was happy to get Rios in my AL-only auction for $14 and I'm even happier with the results thus far...

.302 BA, 10 HR, 40 RBI, 41 RUNS, 11 SB

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                  I was happy to get Rios in my AL-only auction for $14 and I'm even happier with the results thus far...

.302 BA, 10 HR, 40 RBI, 41 RUNS, 11 SB
                  I would have not been happy in AL-only at $14. Besides the results to date, what made you happy about it then?

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                    I would have not been happy in AL-only at $14. Besides the results to date, what made you happy about it then?
                    Probably getting him for $14 expecting a rebound as many were.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                      Considering that league inflation in my ultra-competitive 12-team AL-only league was about 25% and he cost $24 the season prior, $10 less seemed like a good deal to me, both short and long term. At worst, I expected 15/15 which is well worth $14, but he also came with the upside to do a lot more.

Comment

Considering that league inflation in my ultra-competitive 12-team AL-only league was about 25% and he cost $24 the season prior, $10 less seemed like a good deal to me, both short and long term. At worst, I expected 15/15 which is well worth $14, but he also came with the upside to do a lot more.
                        Ahhh-ha! Makes sense.

Comment

Comeback Player of the Year

19th in BA (.294)
                          19th in HR (23)
                          12th in RBI (85)
                          12th in SB (20)
                          11th in runs scored (84)
                          11th in 2B (33)
                          3rd in 3B (7)
                          12th in SLG% (.512)
                          18th in OPS (.837)

Comment

Yep, he's been great this year, but I still wouldn't trust him next year.

Comeback Player of the Year

19th in BA (.294)
                            19th in HR (23)
                            12th in RBI (85)
                            12th in SB (20)
                            11th in runs scored (84)
                            11th in 2B (33)
                            3rd in 3B (7)
                            12th in SLG% (.512)
                            18th in OPS (.837)

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              Yep, he's been great this year, but I still wouldn't trust him next year.
                              That's the problem with Rios. He's a comeback player of the year candidate every other year it seems.

Comment

Working...
                              X