SS JJ Hardy (11)
    OF Ellsbury K
    OF BJ Upton (5)
    OF Trout (14)
    Util Cuddyer (7)
    SP Ogando (13)
    RP Santos (12)
    RP Hanrahan (16)

Given that I have to draft almost a whole staff, should I draft for this year or next year?

Are any of these worth keeping instead of picks #247 and #260?
    Listed in Yahoo predraft order.

Lorenzo Cain
    Zack Cozart
    Marc Rzepczynski
    Randall Delgado
    Leonys Martin
    Brett Jackson
    Anthony Rizzo
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 02-11-2012, 11:35 AM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

How many can you keep and for how long?

Got any Cubs fans in your league? Maybe a trade for a good starter?

Comment

3 mandatory and unrestricted keepers. The others are based on draft round: round minus 3. Trout was a 17th round pick, so he costs a 14th. We have 48 required keepers, but about 85 of the top 100 are kept. Of the top 25 non keepers, 10 will be RP. I am adding the round cost to the original post.

My next two available slots work out #247 and #260. The numbers come out strange because I traded for rights to Trout.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I like Randall Delgado with one of the pics.

I am tempted to say Brett Jackson, but honestly I am not that excited about him from a fantasy standpoint. He may be better at real baseball than fantasy. As a Cubs fan I would love to be wrong. That is why I asked if there were any Cubs fans in your league. Package Rizzo and Jackson for a good starting pitcher if you can. If you can't I think you can him him later than 260.

Comment

Delgado and Rizzo would be my two choices, depending on how your reserve/minor league rules work.

And, yes, you compete for this year. If you can't put together a competent starting staff with the help from this board, we oughta let elD designate your avatar for the next year.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

There are no minor leagues as such, just a 6 man bench and creeping price increases. I got Greinke in the 14th round in 2007, he won the CY, and league title, for me as a 8th round pick in 2009. This year I have to let him go, since I would have to use one of the three K slots.

I have made an offer for Pujols (his owner is a Cardinal fan) and Matt Moore. I would give up Goldschmitt, Ellsbury and draft consideration, if he bites.

J
            Last edited by onejayhawk; 02-13-2012, 07:07 AM.
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
              There are no minor leagues as such, just a 6 man bench and creeping price increases. I got Greinke in the 14th round in 2007, he won the CY, and league title, for me as a 8th round pick in 2009. This year I have to let him go, since I would have to use one of the three K slots.

I have made an offer for Pujols (his owner is a Cardinal fan) and Matt Moore. I would give up Goldschmitt, Ellsbury and draft consideration, if he bites.

J
              Good luck. Maybe he thinks of Pujols as a traitor and he is dead to him?

Comment

Working...
              X