• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beltran to the Cards

If true, 2 years.

2/25 plus full no-trade

Comment

Seems like a real win for the Cardinals. They apparently don't even have to give up a draft pick because of a clause in his last contract.
      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

If he's heally and they get everyone else healthy relatively soon, they should be able to put together a pretty solid lineup.

Comment

I just don't get this move. Yeah they need someone in right because Craig will not be ready by the start of the season, but when Craig comes back Beltran is to move back to center. Wouldn't you not want Beltran back in center after his knee problems?
          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
            I just don't get this move. Yeah they need someone in right because Craig will not be ready by the start of the season, but when Craig comes back Beltran is to move back to center. Wouldn't you not want Beltran back in center after his knee problems?
            Considering the health issues of Beltran and Craig (and the age of Berkman) I don't think it's a bad thing to have too many players. Perhaps they aren't convinced Craig is an everyday player. He only has 343 career major league at bats over two seasons. Sure he did great in the playoffs but that was only 37 at bats. I've always liked Craig so this is just a guess on my part.
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

With Holliday, Beltran, Craig, Jay, and sometimes Schumaker, the Cards will have a deep and presumably well-rested OF corps. Not giving Beltran a third year was a good move. Overall, with the usual health caveat, I think this was a good signing by St. Louis.
              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
              -- William James

Comment

I agree with eldiablo on pretty much all fronts. I think this was a very solid signing. The Cards have an old roster and still have a very good chance at winning the Central next year. It was a smart signing, in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                X