ESPN: Ryan Braun Failed PED Test!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
    I don't understand. Why are we now giving Braun the benefit of the doubt?
    I have no idea, and I'm a Brewer fan.

To the more important question raised by Sharky:

If Braun is out for 50 games, what do you think he should go for in NL-only 5x5 redraft leagues? Keeper leagues (let's say 20% inflation)?
    Mid 20s in a non-keeper league, low 30s in a league with 20% inflation, IMO is his value. I expect he'll go for more in keeper leagues since a team that's rebuilding will pay higher and deal him for building blocks later in the season, I expect.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      To the more important question raised by Sharky:

Mid 20s in a non-keeper league, low 30s in a league with 20% inflation, IMO is his value. I expect he'll go for more in keeper leagues since a team that's rebuilding will pay higher and deal him for building blocks later in the season, I expect.
      Interesting! I agree with your assessment from a strategy standpoint (ie Braun will go for "more" -- whatever that is -- to a rebuilder). Braun went for $50 in our keeper league last year. Earned close to that too. He has earned around $30+ for several years running. So I figure mid- to high-twenties is right for redraft leagues. But I think he will likely go for $40 in keeper leagues. Thanks for your thoughts, Chance!

Comment

• Last year Jose Reyes went almost full price to a "rebuilding" team in my NL Only. If Braun is back on the block in a keeper league, I expect he'll go for 85-90 percent of full value.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
          I don't understand. Why are we now giving Braun the benefit of the doubt?
          Ummm...cuz he's {cough} white {cough}...um, duh!

lol
          I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
          You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
          "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
          It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            Last year Jose Reyes went almost full price to a "rebuilding" team in my NL Only. If Braun is back on the block in a keeper league, I expect he'll go for 85-90 percent of full value.
            Full in that case is fully-inflated value? That's pretty pricey for a contender.

Comment

• Ryan Braun will be my number one price enforcement target if there were two rebuilding teams going after him in my league (which is likely in at least one of mine). No rebuilder is going to get him for less than 85% of full value.
              "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                Ryan Braun will be my number one price enforcement target if there were two rebuilding teams going after him in my league (which is likely in at least one of mine). No rebuilder is going to get him for less than 85% of full value.
                Which is what in your view, Bob?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                  Which is what in your view, Bob?
                  I'd be surprised if he didn't push 40 in an NL only league.
                  I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                  You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                  "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                  It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                    Full in that case is fully-inflated value? That's pretty pricey for a contender.
                    Yup, he'll probably go 85-90 percent of his fully-inflated value if he's back this year. People will talk themselves into him being a $50+ player (with inflation) guaranteed for 2013-2014 and gladly pay $45 for him this year to lock that up.

Comment

• Imagine that, he might actually be innocent! This could be more smoke but don't see Patrick going out on a limb for nothing.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• "Somebody involved in the process" could be Braun or his agent. I don't put any more stock in this than in any of the other reports that relied on anonymous sources.
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                          "Somebody involved in the process" could be Braun or his agent. I don't put any more stock in this than in any of the other reports that relied on anonymous sources.
                          I agree that we shouldn't just assume innocence now, but do you really think Patrick would say the following: "Ryan Braun may be exonerated here. He may be found innocent. And judging from all of the information I was told, there's a good chance that he should be" if the unnamed source was Braun or his agent?

The source may not be accurate, but Patrick has been in the business a long time. It is really not giving him much credit at all if you think he'd say these things based solely on the word of the accused of the accused's agent.

Comment

• Interesting report in that it's from Patrick, I guess, but the use of "may be exonerated" and "may be found innocent" and "should be" make this sound pretty weak and easy to dismiss as just another rumor or attempt at a story where there isn't really any more of one yet.

Comment

• Yes, lots of weasel words in there that make it amount to not very much, but again, even in its weak-sauce state, I think there must be someone not affliatiated with Braun suggesting this stuff for Patrick to run with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                The source may not be accurate, but Patrick has been in the business a long time.
                                So was Dan Rather.
                                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X