Sergio Santos Traded to TOR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    yes it would be. But we gotta put the cash somewhere ... we're now an ace away from contending & there aren't that many other options. unless AA can pull a TravisSnider for MattCain deal ...

... yes, I know, that was a joke!!!
    I saw on Twitter last night somebody discussing the Lincecum/Rios rumors that made the rounds a few years back... Lets get the Snider/Cain stuff going now!!

I like this move. Not any different than the bullpen philosphy that Tampa has and it seems to work, year after year...

Comment

I'm pretty ecstatic about this move. 3 years of Santos for under $8 Mil could be a huge steal, but it's the 3 option years that could make this a great contract.

As for Nestor Molina, it sounds like the Jays are selling high on him. Kevin Goldstein commented that Molina "projects as a future No. 4 starter with some chances of being a three."

Seems very unlikely that Molina comes back to bite the Jays, and while it's not a sure thing that Santos turns into the dominant closer that it appears he could be, it's worth the gamble.

Meanwhile, the Mets just spent $9.5 Mil for next season on now-ex-jays Rauch and FF, netting the team 3 more high draft picks.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
      X