• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergio Santos Traded to TOR

for prospect Nestor Molina

This is kinda surprising, no?

Surprising yes.

John Sickels just released his toronto prospect rankings and had Molina at #2 in a stacked system...which says a lot.

Santos has been pitching for just a couple of years (former ss) and has an incredibly friendly contract.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
      Surprising yes.

John Sickels just released his toronto prospect rankings and had Molina at #2 in a stacked system...which says a lot.

Santos has been pitching for just a couple of years (former ss) and has an incredibly friendly contract.
      I was looking at Molina's minor league numbers and they're pretty sick. So this could be a good sell-high for Kenny Williams, but on the other hand, he's already announced Chris Sale as a starter and Thornton flamed out. So they better have a closer in hand!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        So they better have a closer in hand!
        Ryan Madson?
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

cool ... yes Santos is new in the role but he had some pretty sick numbers ... giving up one AA prospect (albeit an excellent one) for a proven closer sounds good to me.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

This is a great trade for Toronto - Santos extremely affordable over the next 3 seasons.

Comment

Does make the Napoli-Francisco trade look even dumber, though.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                Does make the Napoli-Francisco trade look even dumber, though.
                I don't follow. The jays traded for a closer, which they needed. They gave up a player who was behind jpa, lind, and a bunch of dh/of types. Napoli was traded before he was the hyped 3 month hot streak of a player he is now perceived to be without much of a media backlash, if any backlash.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  This is a great trade for Toronto - Santos extremely affordable over the next 3 seasons.
                  and thus, maybe frees up enough cash to go all-in on Darvish.
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                    Yeah, you have to imagine there's a secondary move coming from Anthopoulos where he uses all the money saved by getting a cheap closer and makes a run after someone in a higher price bracket.

Great move by the Blue Jays, in my opinion. Anthopoulos is a world beater.

Comment

re: Santos salary ...

Originally posted by rotoworld
                      The contract includes three guaranteed years (including his first two years of arbitration) and club options from 2015-2017. He'll make $1 million next season, $2.75 million in 2013 and $3.75 million in 2014. Meanwhile, the team options include $6 million for 2015, $8 million for 2016 an $8.75 million for 2017.
                      $1m next season. me like.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                        I am against darvish if it is going to cost us $100. Not mlb proven, a very costly risk.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                          I am against darvish if it is going to cost us $100. Not mlb proven, a very costly risk.
                          yes it would be. But we gotta put the cash somewhere ... we're now an ace away from contending & there aren't that many other options. unless AA can pull a TravisSnider for MattCain deal ...

... yes, I know, that was a joke!!!

Comment

Traded BACK to the Jays. We got him in 2005 in the deal for Glaus (for Hudson and Batista) and the White Sox acquired him in 2009 and made him a pitcher.

It was an offer Kenny Williams could not refuse, and I like it for the Jays.

Now to get Prince on board!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Anything that gets Santos out of the White Sox clutches is a good thing. I have him and Hanrahan as cheap keepers.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                              X